Spinning side kick from a red belt

My back is not fully facing the opponent.
Nothing of your side is facing the target, most of your back is facing the target = back kick.

Like I said it is a passable back kick. I would have actually complimented you on this. But you really needed to start this shit show.

Like I said it is a passable back kick. I would have actually complimented you on this. But you really needed to start this shit show.

I just feel it's an arbitrary cut-off . Is this a jumping back kick then in your eyes, not a side kick?

My back is not fully facing the opponent.
no one said it had to be ‘fully facing’ the target because that would mean you’re either throwing the kick blind without aiming, or you have an owl neck...

no one said it had to be ‘fully facing’ the target because that would mean you’re either throwing the kick blind without aiming, or you have an owl neck...

Nope. The original back kick in karate is a kick thrown at an opponent standing behind you, and is lashed out like a donkey kick.

Nope. The original back kick in karate is a kick thrown at an opponent standing behind you, and is lashed out like a donkey kick.
bro, where are you getting that from?
I’m a yondan in goju karate, with a direct lineage to Miyagi Sensei and this hiagonna Sensei through one of the first Americans to ever receive a black belt in karate Shihan Roseberry.

If you don’t have an owl neck you can’t aim your kick and keep your back perfectly square to the target...

And since donkeys don’t have toes, direction in which my toes are pointed is irrelevant to a ‘donkey’ kick

bro, where are you getting that from?
I’m a yondan in goju karate, with a direct lineage to Miyagi Sensei and this hiagonna Sensei through one of the first Americans to ever receive a black belt in karate Shihan Roseberry.

If you don’t have an owl neck you can’t aim your kick and keep your back perfectly square to the target...

And since donkeys don’t have toes, direction in which my toes are pointed is irrelevant to a ‘donkey’ kick

Karate was designed against multiple attackers. You can be aware of where somebody is standing in front of you before turning your back and kicking the dude behind you, as well as the dude in front of where you turned

Karate was designed against multiple attackers. You can be aware of where somebody is standing in front of you before turning your back and kicking the dude behind you, as well as the dude in front of where you turned
and there you go with more made up BS that’s absolutely not true.

I can quote my fathers Shotokan compendium. The back kick was designed against opponents standing behind you.
what? You don’t say!? A back kick is targeting someone behind you? This is revolutionary.

There’s a difference between a style being designed to fight multiple opponents and having a technique or two that can enable you to do so...

what? You don’t say!? A back kick is targeting someone behind you? This is revolutionary.

There’s a difference between a style being designed to fight multiple opponents and having a technique or two that can enable you to do so...

dont argue with grandmaster spacetime, he knows all, sees all, and has done all. He will ruthlessly critique your technique with his grandmaster skills, and draw diagrams and arrows all over your pictures to prove his point. I have been the victim of countless spacetime breakdowns, lol.

his breakdowns usually go something like this

Why the fuck isn't google good enough? It takes 3 seconds to learn that red is the last color before black.
I am a greater authority than google, haven't you learnt nothing in the past few days??!

I don't even plan on grading to black. No ambitions to compete - no reason to grade. I might be a red belt for the rest of my life.

Why the fuck isn't google good enough? It takes 3 seconds to learn that red is the last color before black.
partially because google is filled with all sorts of bad information...

This infographic shows red belt as having 2 more levels before black so...

Look you seem plenty eager about martial arts and sharing your journey so i’ll try to be supportive and educational rather than troll or flame you.

I’m starting to see the issue, and it seems that you have a major case of the dunning Krueger effect, it comes from a cross between ‘my dad trained martial arts for X years, so I by extension know a lot’ and ‘I’m almost a black belt, so I’m basically at the top of the hierarchy in my school’
At least that seems to be the issue by my unprofessional opinion

thats a pretty solid kick seriously idk why people try to hate on you id love to see them try to do better
It's not a bad kick, everybody is just having fun, messing with him lol, and especially since he doesn't know what a spinning back kick looks like.

Back