Spike officially gives way to the Paramount Network tonight (1/18)

G

Guestx

For anyone who hasn't heard, Spike is going away and will be replaced by the Paramount Network. Well, that change over happens tonight.

Looking at some of the planned programming, what Viacom clearly wants to do here is have their own A-level network that can compete with AMC, FX and other top basic cable networks, rather than being a shithole that just airs Cops re-runs and Bellator. (Don't worry guys, Bellator is making the jump.)

Here's the network teaser:

Too bad this didn't happen back when Spike was making Blade: the Series. It got good ratings but they were too cheap to shell out for prestige TV back then.

Not sure The Mist is going to carry them, but I guess we'll see.

Remember when it was TNN? The Nashville Network.

Well they are already on the right track with that sweet picture of Kevin Costner

What is this fat girl heathers thing?

Too bad this didn't happen back when Spike was making Blade: the Series. It got good ratings but they were too cheap to shell out for prestige TV back then.

The Mist is canceled I believe.

There ought to be a 24 hour Cops network.

The other night they had The Devil Wears Prada playing on Spike, seemed a little off brand for the network, but I suppose it makes sense given the transition. Pretty good movie.

Spike was a great network at one time but I guess it has no place in todays anti-testosterone culture
The de-manification of America continues

Remember when it was TNN? The Nashville Network.

0250c9fcadaab7c10ba1e3585d9e6ec7.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

ecw-e1460877627591.png

We had a guy that was on it when he worked with LASD before he lateralled to us. He got tons of shit for it.

On topic hope we can get some good content from this.

Is it replacing CMT also? I never watch CMT, but searched for Bellator last night to record Sat night and it showed up on my guide on what is now CMT...

I was bummed to see the Blade series fail. As a fan of his music it was cool to see Sticky Fingaz portray the vampire hunter.

I've seen video reviews of the Mist series and from what I can gather people are pretty on the fence about it.

Loved the film though.

The Mist has been canceled (before its time, in my opinion).

I think that easily the two most interesting projects coming soon from the network are the Waco mini-series and Yellowstone. Yellowstone is a modern Western written by Taylor Sheridan (writer of Sicario and Hell or High Water, writer/director of Wind River) and starring Kevin Costner.

Here's the Waco teaser. It premieres on the 24th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back