Sparring video, 1 week out from fight.

AcumenAthletics

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
This clip is a highlight from Saturday sparring at Kings Thai Boxing (NYC) with one of my team mates, Little Jay. This was my last sparring session before my fight.

We had a smooth sparring session with just enough force behind our strikes as to not hurt each other but still get the proper respect and response behind the techniques.

Do you include Tech Sparring and/or Hard Sparring into your training regime? If so, how often?
Let me know your thoughts and hope you find this clip useful towards your own training.

Best,

Danny Millet

-No teeps?
-When you fade away and he misses the kick, he is often in a bad position/balance...you should attack then and not just reset. (low kick as most basic). It's free points there, and since you use it it's a shame not to capitalize on it.
-Why there are no teeps?
-Is there a reason you don't throw high kicks? It may help open the body.
-Teeps.
-You rarely check the mid kick, only block with arms. You will loose points there.
-How is this MT if there are no teeps?
-A lot of times, your jab comes back low instead of directly to the chin (obviously fatigue)
-You should teep

Nice session.

I try to have tech sparring almost everyday, and hard (not full, mostly like your session) once a week. We do once a month smokers if there are no matches scheduled. I really don't give a fak about wining my sparring sessions, i use them to train techniques, combos, tactics, game plan. 2 weeks before the fight, i stop any hard sparring, and go only with flow. 1 week before the fight, i go very light, almost no contact. Lots of shadow.

Last edited:
I really like your punching entries into your clinch knees.

The jab, rear leg kick, switch lead hook, left body kick is a winner.

Looks good! Good luck with your fight.

-No teeps?
-When you fade away and he misses the kick, he is often in a bad position/balance...you should attack then and not just reset. (low kick as most basic). It's free points there, and since you use it it's a shame not to capitalize on it.
-Why there are no teeps?
-Is there a reason you don't throw high kicks? It may help open the body.
-Teeps.
-You rarely check the mid kick, only block with arms. You will loose points there.
-How is this MT if there are no teeps?
-A lot of times, your jab comes back low instead of directly to the chin (obviously fatigue)
-You should teep

Nice session.

I try to have tech sparring almost everyday, and hard (not full, mostly like your session) once a week. We do once a month smokers if there are no matches scheduled. I really don't give a fak about wining my sparring sessions, i use them to train techniques, combos, tactics, game plan. 2 weeks before the fight, i stop any hard sparring, and go only with flow. 1 week before the fight, i go very light, almost no contact. Lots of shadow.

It's a highlight video. Not the full session.

Cool video. Where are the head kicks?

Damn nice sparring. That's honestly too hard than I would be comfortable with 1 week out

good stuff, like they said, too hard 1 week out. every gym is different but thats my opinion.

Back