News Spain - guy fakes heart attack 20 times to escape paying restaurant bills

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
- A Lithuanian guy in Spain faked heart-attacks to get out of paying his restaurant bill
- Authorities say he has scammed at least 20 times.
- Finally got caught when his fake heart-attack schtick did not work at 1 restaurant.

--
Man arrested for faking heart attack 20 times at restaurants to avoid paying bill, reports say

ALICANTE, Spain - A 50-year-old man from Lithuania was recently arrested in Spain after allegedly faking heart attacks at several restaurants in order to avoid paying the bill, according to multiple local news reports.

The man, who was identified only as Aidas J. but has become known locally as the "gastrojeta," has tried the scam at least 20 times over the past year at different restaurants near Alicante, according to the Spanish newspaper El País and Spain's EFE news agency.

https://www.fox9.com/news/man-arres...-restaurants-to-avoid-paying-bill-reports-say

--
Lithuanian man in Spain fakes heart attack in over 20 restaurants to avoid paying bill, now on day 42 in jail
Aidas J. has avoided paying roughly $800 worth of seafood paella and whiskey through his theatrics

His arrests have occurred in various locations within the tourist area of Alicante, the most recent occurring after consuming a seafood paella and two whiskeys, totaling 34.85 euros. When the staff at El Buen Comer on Calle Mayor stopped Aidas from dashing after his meal, Fox9 reports that the gastrojeta became “visibly upset.”

He explained that he needed to run back to his hotel room to get his wallet, but the staff refused to let him leave. El País described the events that followed, saying, “He lay down on the floor, acted as if his chest hurt and began to shake.”

Staff and customers quickly identified him as the “gastrojeta,” and after making sure he was actually not having a heart attack, he was handcuffed and taken to the local police station, per 20 Minutos. Aidas stayed there until receiving a trial for a minor crime of fraud.

https://www.deseret.com/u-s-world/2023/10/19/23924493/man-faked-20-heart-attacks-avoid-meal-payment

Last edited:
what a novice
where I live there was a story about some oldsters who would put glass in their food and then complainto management

they made a good amount of money

but ended up going to prison for the scam

- A Lithuanian guy in Spain faked heart-attacks to get out of paying his restaurant bill
- Authorities say he has scammed at least 20 times.
- Finally got caught when his fake heart-attack schtick did not work at 1 restaurant.

--
Man arrested for faking heart attack 20 times at restaurants to avoid paying bill, reports say

ALICANTE, Spain - A 50-year-old man from Lithuania was recently arrested in Spain after allegedly faking heart attacks at several restaurants in order to avoid paying the bill, according to multiple local news reports.

The man, who was identified only as Aidas J. but has become known locally as the "gastrojeta," has tried the scam at least 20 times over the past year at different restaurants near Alicante, according to the Spanish newspaper El País and Spain's EFE news agency.

https://www.fox9.com/news/man-arres...-restaurants-to-avoid-paying-bill-reports-say

--
Lithuanian man in Spain fakes heart attack in over 20 restaurants to avoid paying bill, now on day 42 in jail
Aidas J. has avoided paying roughly $800 worth of seafood paella and whiskey through his theatrics

His arrests have occurred in various locations within the tourist area of Alicante, the most recent occurring after consuming a seafood paella and two whiskeys, totaling 34.85 euros. When the staff at El Buen Comer on Calle Mayor stopped Aidas from dashing after his meal, Fox9 reports that the gastrojeta became “visibly upset.”

He explained that he needed to run back to his hotel room to get his wallet, but the staff refused to let him leave. El País described the events that followed, saying, “He lay down on the floor, acted as if his chest hurt and began to shake.”

Staff and customers quickly identified him as the “gastrojeta,” and after making sure he was actually not having a heart attack, he was handcuffed and taken to the local police station, per 20 Minutos. Aidas stayed there until receiving a trial for a minor crime of fraud.

https://www.deseret.com/u-s-world/2023/10/19/23924493/man-faked-20-heart-attacks-avoid-meal-payment
Might be real heart attacks with how expensive restaurants are getting

giphy.webp

Are criminals who get caught and go to jail geniuses?

Albert Einstein went to jail for 6 months for buggery of a sheep.

This statement is possibly true or not, depending on the gullibility of the reader. No liability is to be taken towards the writer or Sherdog staff.

what a novice
where I live there was a story about some oldsters who would put glass in their food and then complainto management

they made a good amount of money

but ended up going to prison for the scam

Wait, so they sued how many restaurants for having glass in their food?

I know they put the glass in themselves, but I'm not sure how they made a good amount of money, when the courts would be on their case for having so many "glass in my meal" cases presented to them.

Wait, so they sued how many restaurants for having glass in their food?

I know they put the glass in themselves, but I'm not sure how they made a good amount of money, when the courts would be on their case for having so many "glass in my meal" cases presented to them.
no suing
they would complain to management and get some money from the boss or gifts
(I live in Asia )
the management thought that would be better than getting bad press.
but CCTV footage at one of the restaurants actually caught them in the act and they both got 2 years or so in prison

Reactions: TCE
800/20= $40 per meal

Come on, bro, wtf is this poverty bullshit, don't be a "sausage thief".

Either go big, or don't bother stealing at all.

<36>

Last edited:
Back