Souls that were broken in the cage

Tanner destroying Terrell is a perfect example.

Perfect example indeed. It's always the first one that comes to mind when this topic pops up.

And the irony of Terrell's nickname..."The Soul Assassin".

wrzurq.gif

He was riding so high after blowing right through Lindland. Then he meets Tanner and the poor guy gets utterly crushed. But, hey, that's the game...

McGregor, Rousey and Weidman

McG got bitchslapped by a gangster and wanted out.

Honda turned from rampaging beast to terrorized little lamb at the ends of Holly's fists.

And Weidman lay underneath Rockhold's mighty undercarriage with the look of a man utterly resigned to defeat.

Miguel Torres vs. Brian Bowles took one half of Miguel's spirit, his fight against Benavidez took the other half.

He never fought the same again after those fights.
A lot of people overlook this,Torres was actually considered one ofthe p4p best before Bowles

Most posts here mention brutal KOs. That's NOT soul stealing.

Ronda missing a punch and going on her knees against Holly is soul breaking.
Nate giving two fingers to Cowboy.
Carla Esparza collapsing to the floor after a barrage from JJ, just to be helped in mid air by the refeeree.
Cain trying to drink water from the bottle after round 1 against Werdum and being unable to make the hand find his own mouth.

BJ's last fight against Frankie. His speech afterwards was as sad as his performance, he said something like "I don't know what I was thinking, I don't belong in here". But it looks like he forgot any of that happened.

I'm far from a BJ fan but I respect the hell out of the guy and it sucked seeing him crying like that. I'm glad for how Dana handled that post-fight presser. Reporters were swarming in for the kill asking BJ tough questions while he's sitting there crying and Dana defended BJ's legacy. Good on Dana.

everyone saying Schaub lost his soul in a fight is wrong.... he lost his soul in practice against Shane Carwin

GSP/Frank Trigg, pretty sure that clinic was the one that made Trigg an announcer.

Before Silva took Franklin's soul, didnt Franklin take Louaseu's? And Tanners?

Edit: Rampage definitely misplaced his soul after the second Wand fight. Went super religious to try to get it back and got broken by Shogun for it.

idunno. he fought bj penn and beat him every time. thats really frankie's claim to fame.

if bj were "broken" i doubt he would have fought him 3 times
he simply can't accept the loss (much like he did not accept his losses to GSP).

Back