Sonnen warns Fedor to work on his wrestling defense.

This fight is interesting. It is very similar to Covington vs RDA imo. Except Fedor is a better grappler/wrestler than RDA is. Will be fun to see it. I hope Fedor takes him down and unleashes some vintage ground and pound. Sonnen is tough, but I don't see him avoiding Fedor's power in this fight.

Matt Linland and was one rope grab away from putting Fedor on his back and potentially winning the first round in their fight.

Chael trolling again. Acting like Rose was the first to ever do something like that. Lol.

Fedor didn't like to shoot doubles or shoot for the legs much at all but many times we saw him do something similar to this. Fedor would throw a strike (usually a straight right to close distance) and would step his back leg all the way through to enter the clinch and immediately put himself in position for a trip or takedown.

Chael has obviously been watching some Fedor film lately and is now trolling about what he just learned.

23+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Antonio+Rodrigo+Nogueira+III_xvid_013.gif

fedor-toys-with-nog-2-o.gif

23+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Antonio+Rodrigo+Nogueira+III_xvid_009.gif

FriendlyAmusingBumblebee-max-1mb.gif

fedorrogers.gif~c200

LankyOddGrunion-max-1mb.gif

23+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Antonio+Rodrigo+Nogueira+III_xvid_001.gif

I disagree.

I hope Im wrong but but we will see how a 41 year old Fedor deals with a power double leg takedown and how he works from his back while a brown belt wrestler is on top. Will be interesting to see if Fedor can still scramble up or get the sub.

Last edited:
Chael trolling again. Acting like Rose was the first to ever do something like that. Lol.

Fedor didn't like to shoot doubles or shoot for the legs much at all but many times we saw him do something similar to this. Fedor would throw a strike (usually a straight right to close distance) and would step his back leg all the way through to enter the clinch and immediately put himself in position for a trip or takedown.

Chael has obviously been watching some Fedor film lately and is now trolling about what he just learned.

23+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Antonio+Rodrigo+Nogueira+III_xvid_013.gif

fedor-toys-with-nog-2-o.gif

23+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Antonio+Rodrigo+Nogueira+III_xvid_009.gif

FriendlyAmusingBumblebee-max-1mb.gif

fedorrogers.gif~c200

LankyOddGrunion-max-1mb.gif

23+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Antonio+Rodrigo+Nogueira+III_xvid_001.gif

Great observation!

I hope Im wrong but but we will see how a 41 year old Fedor deals with a power double leg takedown and how he works from his back while a brown belt wrestler is on top. Will be interesting to see if Fedor can still scramble up or get the sub.

Chael is no spring chicken himself. I see Sonnen gassing trying to hold someone like Fedor down even if he even manages to get him down.

I think Fedor is going to get a TKO the moment Sonnen realizes there is nothing he is going to be able to pull off on Fedor. Chael will be looking for a way out of this fight.

Fedor is not very good off his back apart from an armbar, and those were all in his prime. He also has not reversed anyone like he did to Nogueira and Randleman (for example) since his prime either.

No Sambo fighters are good off of their backs. It reminds me of catch wrestling, more top-dominant.

Youtube link +touch vpn chrome extention works perfectly, thanks!

Chael's wrestling and top game are sloppy. If Fedor can't arm bar him from the bottom, I'm going to be really shocked.

they say that the lightning doesnt hit twice in the sam spot but i have seen chael win vs shogun, wand, rampage...
can it hit again vs fedor??

Honestly I don't see it going well for Chael as much as I want him to win, Fedor is a beast and if Chael is going to have a chance he needs to be doing the same amount of steroids as an entire locker room of pro wrestlers in 80's did collectively. Preferably he should just try get a cut on Fedor and hope he gets a stoppage win like that guy in PRIDE who got a lucky win over Fedor due to an accidental elbow connection that caused a cut on Fedor.

Back