Sonnen vs Rampage was a terrible fight?

BuckNasty16

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I know Rampage has a lot of fans and are bitter about the loss but I thought it was more entertaining than Rory and Lima.

Rounds 1 and 2 had a lot of action. Lots of stand-up. They are old and got tired in round 3 which wasn't the most exciting round but the fight wasn't bad at all.

I thought it was pretty good. You know how it is here with older fighters...they get no respect. I guess when you’re not in your prime anymore, you’re a “freakshow”

The fight itself was pretty competitive(more competitive and entertaining then the so called biggest HW title fight in years, lol) but people wrote off the match when it was announced. Probably didn’t help that Rampage looked like he raided both Dave & Busters and Burger King for camp. That fight kept my attention though.

I think it looked bad because Rampage didn't really seem to be trying for two rounds.

I know Rampage has a lot of fans and are bitter about the loss but I thought it was more entertaining than Rory and Lima.

Rounds 1 and 2 had a lot of action. Lots of stand-up. They are old and got tired in round 3 which wasn't the most exciting round but the fight wasn't bad at all.
Yep, I say the fight was decent. Only the people who barely watches mma will think it's boring as fuck.

First two rounds were more entertaining than the first two rounds of Lima/Rory for sure. If that kick hadn't messed up Rory's leg it would've been a shitshow.

No it wasn't, if you want a terrible fight go watch the Shamrock vs Severen superfight. If you don't want to see a guy get wrestle fucked and controlled for 3 rounds, go watch glory.

Seen worse ones from the great Anderson Silva

it was better than I expected.....but that still wasn't enough to put it up into the good category.

The chael did a good job against a fat rampage who waited til the last to try to make something happen

I enjoyed it. If only Chael had more stopping power in his hands. He has decent boxing. I know it probably wouldn't have mattered against the cement block that is Rampage's head.

Any fight that Chael wins is awesome for me.

Not really worth watching if you know the result

Was gonna watch it back but after reading the cliffs...

I'm good

Rampage looked like a mini modern day Bob Sapp. He could barely move and hardly had the energy to even throw punches. It was sad to watch. Chael did a good job and I've seen worst fights but nobody is going to be looking back fondly on this 10 years from now.

It wasn't a bad fight. I watched it the day after without knowing the result and i was still intrigued through the last round. Had i known the result I'd have turned it off though cuz it wasn't great.

I was entertained for what it was. That being said, a lot of the resentment comes from the fact that it was obvious to anyone with eyes that Jackson didn't train a day for that fight.

He robbed his fans of an opportunity for him to win and progress in a tournament by showing up bloated and directly off the couch. That being said, a Rampage with two blown knees, fifty extra pounds, and straight off the couch is never a guy that rolls over to get put away easily. He didn't just give up a choke immediately or seem content to lay flat on his back.

Chael looked better in the stand up than he has in a long while, and more than that, seemed to regain some of the confidence that was woefully lacking in the Tito fight. It was two retired guys in a fight where money brought them out of the edge of retirement; pride kept one in shape, but at least both of them in the fight.

Back