Sonnen says Rousey never drew that much really, it was hype, McGregor and Lesnar way bigger

The Ronda hype leading up to the Holm fight was staggering. If she was humble, didn't claim to be able to beat men (the GOAT boxer Mayweather included), wasn't forced on us in Hollywood movies where her acting is atrocious, and didn't have that weigh-in then instagram tantrum cursing Holly out, I would have been chill with her loss.

But her getting head kicked KOd in front of 60k fans and over a million ppl on PPV was glorious. Silly ppl thought she was a generational type athlete (like a Jordan, LeBron, Tyson), and afterwards came crashing down to the truth that she's a pretty good fighter taking advantage in a young/growing sport for women. The fact that Bethe ever got to challenge for the belt for simply beating Ronda's mediocre teammates is bananas.

chael - stop cheating and no one cares about the harsh things you say - it gets mindless hardcores going, but no one else cares and you are irrelevant until you fight - again, remember the PED thing - you're only older and everyone knows you're a cheater and will know to watch you closely if you come back and fight, cheater - all the fake accounts wont change all that - edit, ill leave it there

Ronda brought a bunch of overweight, Ellen watching, middle aged women to MMA.

mom1.jpg
would

If she was humble, didn't claim to be able to beat men (the GOAT boxer Mayweather included), wasn't forced on us in Hollywood movies where her acting is atrocious, and didn't have that weigh-in then instagram tantrum cursing Holly out, I would have been chill with her loss.

Nobody is forcing you to watch shit so that's an invalid argument.

Actually I'm European and WWE is huge in most places of Europe, I could walk down the street and ask 10 people who Cro Cop is and I'd be shocked if 1 person said yes, I could ask 10 people who Brock Lesnar is and I'd be shocked if at least half of them didn't, not to mention the Japanese love it too, I know hardly anybody who has ever watched K-1. You give them far too much credit.

This.Here in Greece no one knows who Cro Cop is except for people who like kick boxing and mma in general.On the other hand a lot of people in their 20's or 30's know who Brock Lesnar is.In many European countries they used to show smackdown and raw in the mid 00's.Also when I was a kid (mid 90's) wwf action figures were very popular.

She put WMMA on the map and was (and may be in the future) a very very big PPV draw. She actually hung out with Sonnen a bit early in her career and I think she picked up some of his trash talk style and took it a helluva lot further than he did. Maybe he is looking for royalties.

Who's a bigger star than her? Brock needed GSP and a milestone event to sell 1.6 million buys, if Rousey returns her first fight back will shit over that, not to mention she could click her fingers and headline over everybody on UFC 200 including Brock, Jones & the current champion of her division. Just because you hate her you shouldn't deny her success.
lol alright buddy.

It's nice to know Ronda still has one blind sheep following her. I'll keep that in mind next time I see another thread where Ronda is being criticized and I'll think of you and laugh.

In terms of pay per view buys he is right. Ronda's ppv's did not do as well as Conor or Brocks.

Who's a bigger star than her? Brock needed GSP and a milestone event to sell 1.6 million buys, if Rousey returns her first fight back will shit over that, not to mention she could click her fingers and headline over everybody on UFC 200 including Brock, Jones & the current champion of her division. Just because you hate her you shouldn't deny her success.

Being that Ronda only has 2 of the top 20 ppvs buys for UFC, I don't see how she comes back to "shit over that."

Being that Ronda only has 2 of the top 20 ppvs buys for UFC, I don't see how she comes back to "shit over that."
She only reached the height of her super stardom last year, she drew 900k and 1.1 million buys with hardly any chief support, Rousey sold more against Zingano than Lesnar did against Overeem and that was the fight she truly made the leap to mainstream, her numbers have only gone up since and will continue to do so if she returns. It's amazing how many people try to deny it just because she's unlikable, she is the biggest star in UFC history.

She only reached the height of her super stardom last year, she drew 900k and 1.1 million buys with hardly any chief support, Rousey sold more against Zingano than Lesnar did against Overeem and that was the fight she truly made the leap to mainstream, her numbers have only gone up since and will continue to do so if she returns. It's amazing how many people try to deny it just because she's unlikable, she is the biggest star in UFC history.

Smart man.

I won't reference Brock, because he already had a mainstream profile before mma. But Conor didn't carry 196 by himself to 1.5 million buys?

Last august. Ronda carried on of the worst Cards I have ever seen. I think it was 190 or 191. It was tbe Brasil ppv with Ronda v Bethe. Even tho it had 7 fights on main card it was maybe the worst card I have seen. Only stayed at the bar to see Ronda.. so yeah Ronda carries a card. She is a major draw 9n pat with Conor maybe a little less than lesnar.

I won't reference Brock, because he already had a mainstream profile before mma. But Conor didn't carry 196 by himself to 1.5 million buys?
He only had one of the best cards made in recent times on paper, McGregor always has a significant title fight on his cards, Rousey had JoJed vs. Val because it was already chief support for what was originally supposed to be Lawler vs. Condit and if we're being honest it probably contributed nothing in terms of PPV buys.

Her legacy will always be her fall from grace....nothing more then a head kick highlight real.

It's easy for Chael to soud like a genius with his vast amount of incredible insider information that has been handed to him.

Nobody is forcing you to watch shit so that's an invalid argument.

I liked watching stupid movies like the Expendables and Fast and the Furious. Just an action junkie. Was saddened every time she uttered a line or made to look like a badass.

Not her fault for taking on movie roles, but the UFC hype machine facilitated her getting those opportunities. She's a victim as much as all of us were of media saturation and unfortunately she bought into that hype.

Back