Songs you once hated but now like.

P0NYBOY

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I guess the artist grew up, too.

Absolutely hated Bruce Springsteen when I was growing up, this song in particular. But then I heard a few different cover versions and started to like it. He's one of those artists I've come to respect the older I've gotten.

Didn't think about bruce but "tunnel of love" really grew on me once I read the lyrics.

Nils Lofgren has a pretty sweet guitar............never seen one equipped that way.

Cant remember the title but this is the line from the song:

Hey i just met you but this is crazy but heres my number so call me maybe

I was young, but when this came out, I found it just the most boring, awful song I'd ever heard.

Now I quite like it.

Amy Winehouse. I was in high school when she was at the height of her popularity and I, being the angsty little teenage shitbird that I was, had to hate on anything that was popular. Now I think she was one of the best singers of the last few decades.

Last edited:
Didn't think about bruce but "tunnel of love" really grew on me once I read the lyrics.

Nils Lofgren has a pretty sweet guitar............never seen one equipped that way.

It's just a custom shop Strat, he has quite a few he uses live plus some reissues.

I'm pretty sure the fender custom shop wasn't around in 1961.

It's a 1961 strat with one barden blade humbucker and one fill Lawrence blade humbucker and a custom wood pickguard.

Likely a lot more mods than just that.

When i was younger i only really listened to metal in the 80's, but now can appreciate a lot of the other music that came out from bands like The Cure or some songs by Culture Club, etc. Especially The Smiths. As a kid/young teen there is no way i could have listened to Morrissey, but now he's one of my favorite singers of all time.

Hated the beat and flow of mfing exquire. Both grew on me and dis shit bumps now.

Still think Heems brings the entire track down though. He's quite shit. It's good that Kool AD went solo.

When i was younger i only really listened to metal in the 80's, but now can appreciate a lot of the other music that came out from bands like The Cure or some songs by Culture Club, etc. Especially The Smiths. As a kid/young teen there is no way i could have listened to Morrissey, but now he's one of my favorite singers of all time.

Traitor

No offense

How about a whole band?
I used to hate Monster Magnet. For a long time.
The they grew on me and now I consider them one of the most interesting and well grounded metal bands. Ed Mundell is as close to a perfect metal guitarist as it gets

How about a whole band?

Hell, many of my favorite bands I started out busting balls on, telling my friends they sucked... and then I started liking them, lol.

Extreme, Dream Theater, Winger, Van Halen, Night Ranger, Metallica, KISS, Rush, Tesla, Foo Fighters, INXS, King's X, etc. - all bands I hated on until I got to know their stuff and embraced with The Love.

I hated Dave Matthew Band in the 90s.. now they're one of my favorite bands.

I have a greater appreciation for early 90's rap than I did back then.

And this song use to annoy the shit out of me but now it's kind of nostalgic...

I hated this song with a passion as a kid. Now that I think back it might be because it was on the radio 24/7 but I've grown to appreciate it.

Back