Son out of hospital at 7 months and thriving *update*

Jon Stark

King in the North
Platinum Member
Reaction score
My son (who’s a twin boy) has been home since a few days before Christmas and is doing amazing. He was hospitalized for 7 months as his medical team assessed what his needs were and provided day to day life saving support. His surgery was successful and last week we were given the green light to attend my brother in laws wedding in Caribbean. We leave Monday, booked last evening. More silver lining is his cardiac issue seems to be resolving it self. On June 1st I was told to rush to the hospital as it was unclear how the next 24 hours would play out. Since then his heart has gotten much stronger and his cardiologist suggested there was an over 50 percent chance he would never need surgery! Even if does this repair is very mild with a 99% success rate (VSD repair) I’m enjoying having him and his twin brother back home and next week will be a well deserved holiday in the sun after a troubling and challenging 2017! The human body really is a magical thing. Our bodies are programmed to grow, heal and recover and seeing this happen in an infant has made me appreciate life even more. Have a great weekend!

giphy.gif

Love ya Jimmy

Praying for your baby's health, all the best for your family.

Congrats. Can’t imagine the roller coaster ride thats been. A friend of mine went through a similar ordeal with his daughter. She’s 10 now.

Great to hear man. Humans really do recover stronger than ever. My son was born nearly 12 weeks early and it was the scariest thing I’ve ever dealt with. Being in nicu for weeks and being told even if he survived he’d have severe complications and life long issues. 8 years later he’s 100% healthy, an A student, and the QB on his peewee football team. It was a long scary road but it all worked out in the long term. Good luck with everything.

Good for you man and thank you for the good feels.

SherGod bless the little guy. may he too meetup for IRL fights at cineplexes all across the world.

Hell yea dude! I feel like he is sort of Sherdog's baby too.

<DCrying>

Congrats! Ya'll are in my prayers!

I have two year old son and a two month old daughter so your situation really catches me in the feels. Very happy for you that things are really turning around for the better for your family.

That’s so amazing. I’m so happy for you and your family. As a father of 2 and having some experience in the NICU hearing such a great ending to a scary story warms my heart. Enjoy the sand and sun. Just amazing brother brother

Love hearing things like this, the boy must be a fighter, all the best to you and the family sir.

Back