Somethings not right with Kovalev

moosaev

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/boxing/new...-ward-in-the-head-every-time-he-looks-at-him/

upload_2017-4-11_17-20-26.png

The level of animosity coming from Kovalev is disturbing given that he's actually killed a man in the ring. I know its a fight, but you'd think someone who's responsible for a death in a ring wouldn't flippantly talk about ending another boxers career. Its weird that he has this much hate.

What did Ward do to him to deserve this level of animosity?

I mean, part of it is probably promotion as good angle for promoting Kovalev is trying to make him out to be a Liston or Tyson kind of menacing fighter (his handlers and HBO have gone as far as to draw similarities in Kovalev's demeanor to Liston). Other than that, maybe he just doesn't like Ward, I don't know. Either way, it's not really a big deal. They're going to fight and try to hurt each other one way or another.

Whoa whoa whoa, a boxer said he was going to punch another boxer in the head?

He's just a dick. there's plenty of evidence to support it.

Some people are just dicks.

He's just a dick. there's plenty of evidence to support it.

Some people are just dicks.

he is also a cry baby. this isnt lennox lewis vs holyfield one. what did lennox do he shut the fuck up, waited for the rematch and won.
what is kovalev doing crying like a baby, duva wanted main events to be in charge of the event again. ward said he'll retire before that, duva refuses to say more to ward for a while even though they already had an idea for a june fight. she says Fine.. and it's signed 48 hours later.

Kovalev has the WORST promoter ever but everything is so diluted everything involved with ward is viewed as scum. the fight is signed trash talk isn't needed especially in such a cry baby way. if kovalev loses his stock will drop. Kryer Kovalev

Whoa whoa whoa, a boxer said he was going to punch another boxer in the head?

More referring to his repeated statements that he'd end Wards career. I'm not saying its out of place for him to say these things, its part of the sport, but it is disturbing on some level given what he did to Roman Simakov. I'm just disturbed that killing someone in the ring hasn't mellowed him out a bit.

Don Turner said he's the meanestboxer he's ever come across in his years. Likes to hurt the opponent. Which is a compliment.

Me as a boxing g fan says take my money!

Kovalev should own up to his failures. he had a great game plan for 6 rounds and gassed out hard.

Not really a big deal, imo.

Kova isnt the nicest of people by all accounts. He feels he was robbed. Theyve traded a couple jabs on social media. Theyre rematching.

Its probably him wanting some sort of redemption more than genuinely not liking Ward.

Side note, Id be mad too if I knew I was about to get boxed up lmao!

he is also a cry baby. this isnt lennox lewis vs holyfield one. what did lennox do he shut the fuck up, waited for the rematch and won.
what is kovalev doing crying like a baby, duva wanted main events to be in charge of the event again. ward said he'll retire before that, duva refuses to say more to ward for a while even though they already had an idea for a june fight. she says Fine.. and it's signed 48 hours later.

Kovalev has the WORST promoter ever but everything is so diluted everything involved with ward is viewed as scum. the fight is signed trash talk isn't needed especially in such a cry baby way. if kovalev loses his stock will drop. Kryer Kovalev

Yeah but that's picking favourable moments for Lennox. As much as I appreciate what he's done. he had his moments where I just wish he was built with a mute button. Though, I agree with your intent. Kovalev should let his fists do the talking and pipe down. I don't think Kovalev has the worst promoter, anyway, Don King seems pretty rough to deal with, he even tried pulling the old "I can play a real piano, oh shit, wait you found out it's a player piano? Sorry Vitali and Wlad, my bad, I didn't think you'd walk around the side of the piano and. How could that have happened?...."

I don't know if there's any psychologists on the forum but I think in most people's opinions, Kov is some kind of a sociopath/psychopath. I'm not saying he should be in a looney bin or anything but the guy just doesn't seem to feel things the way most of us feel things, (i.e. emotions, empathy in particular). I also think the language barrier makes him sound more blunt (no pun intended) than he tries to sound, if that makes sense.

He def does seem to enjoy hurting his opponents. Kellerman looked legitimately disgusted when he interviewed him after the second pascal fight with some of the stuff he was saying especially the quacking that he did when he mentioned adonis stevenson

He'll lose again if he fights with this mentality. Have to fight smart against Ward.

I don't know if there's any psychologists on the forum but I think in most people's opinions, Kov is some kind of a sociopath/psychopath. I'm not saying he should be in a looney bin or anything but the guy just doesn't seem to feel things the way most of us feel things, (i.e. emotions, empathy in particular). I also think the language barrier makes him sound more blunt (no pun intended) than he tries to sound, if that makes sense.

I'll admit, part of me thinks he's a sociopath. That term gets thrown around a lot but I just get those vibes from him. He's just off. Watch the Yahoo interviews about the Simakov fight, and the fact that more than one person who knows him has said he enjoys hurting his opponents. His reaction to knocking out Silakh independently confirms this too, it was sickening.

http://www.cbssports.com/boxing/new...-ward-in-the-head-every-time-he-looks-at-him/

View attachment 218103

The level of animosity coming from Kovalev is disturbing given that he's actually killed a man in the ring. I know its a fight, but you'd think someone who's responsible for a death in a ring wouldn't flippantly talk about ending another boxers career. Its weird that he has this much hate.

What did Ward do to him to deserve this level of animosity?

Come on now you can't hold that against him... that's silly. He basically said I want to whoop his ass. Completely understandable considering the situation. He didn't say "I want to kill him" or make jokes like dude in Cinderella man.

He should talk less and train more. Train and then hit Twitter or IG to hype the fight. Saying that isn't likely to sell many more tickets because fans already realize that him and Ward dislike each other. The guy might have a screw loose, maybe two. He might not be able to pass a psych eval and I bet Tyson Fury couldn't either. His interviews are funny because you can tell he's not much of a people person, especially when he's cranky in interviews after hard training. Turner did say he's the meanest guy he's seen. Turner's also good friends with his manager Egis Klimas so it could be a promotional endorsement. In Sergey's case it may be true.

I'll admit, part of me thinks he's a sociopath. That term gets thrown around a lot but I just get those vibes from him. He's just off. Watch the Yahoo interviews about the Simakov fight, and the fact that more than one person who knows him has said he enjoys hurting his opponents. His reaction to knocking out Silakh independently confirms this too, it was sickening.

9abY5x.gif

he is a psycho. look at him laughing at pascal when jean stumbles from the punishment that he absorbed.

eubank has claimed that after he almost killed watson he no longer had the killer instinct.

kovalev has actually killed someone in the ring and here is is laughing at pascal who couldve been seriously injured

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back