Something really unique about Sonnen-Fedor

Calling it that Chael is going to drop him several times. His boxing is very underrated and Fedor's ability to take a clean shot nowadays is laughable.

This is Sonnen's fight to lose. He can wrestlefuck him and he can knock him out. Im thinking we see more standup from Sonnen since the only real advantage Fedor has is size and his sub game.

Fedor's TDD isn't quite as good as some perceive IMO, and I could actually see Sonnen getting a takedown or two, although I don't think he would do damage/sub, and Fedor might get back to his feet.

Fedor actually hasn' fought that many wrestlers who use their wrestling offensively in quite some time, and showed some vulnerabilities even when he was at the top.

And like some have said, Fedor's chin is clearly shot.

I do think Fedor will win, but it's an open fight and Sonnen is definitely capable of winning.

All I know is that I'm going to be watching this fight with great excitment. I got a great feeling about this one.

lol so you're saying Fedor can't win by TKO stoppage since that's so radically different than a KO? Or Fedor can't submit Chael? Ridiculous thread is ridiculous.

That being said, Sonnen by bloody UD

One thing I've noticed about Chael lately is that he doesn't seem to have the same tenacity in his ground and pound. He's still very aggressive with his pressure and takedowns, but once he's there he seems to try to mostly maintain position and do just enough to avoid a standup. He used to stay extremely busy from the top and really smothered guys. So I don't really see him TKOing Fedor from top position despite Fedor's weak chin. However I think against Fedor his more conservative top game will serve him better than going balls out. Fedor would catch the old Chael being too wreckless like Anderson Silva did. But now that Chael seems a bit more conservative on the ground I could see him winning a decision.

Sonnen is already the peoples' champion. He has legit wins over Jones and Anderson. As far as I'm concerned, he's never lost a fight -- just ran out of time. It's going to be another win for the bad guy. The American patriot is going to use his gangster mentality overcome the communist from the iron curtain.

Two line of thoughts when it comes to this fight, either
a) Sonnen will wrestlefuck Fedor to a decision
b) Fedor will knock him out

Something really interesting and unique is that

a)Fedor has never lost a decision in his career, in 43 fights.
b)Sonnen has been never knocked out, tkoed yes, but not ko, in 47 fights.

I don't know what's going to happen, but Fedor's chin is so shot in my opinion I think Sonnen can hurt him standing. Sonnen is a scrub, but Fedor's so shot, I think Sonnen isn't really a big underdog, if at all.

A ko and a tko are virtually the same thing...sonnen has been stopped with strikes...many times...that's all that matters.

sonnen not a scrub, fedors chin isnt as shot as made seem, but those stats are correct and we shall see....i think fedor wins despite everything

One thing I've noticed about Chael lately is that he doesn't seem to have the same tenacity in his ground and pound. He's still very aggressive with his pressure and takedowns, but once he's there he seems to try to mostly maintain position and do just enough to avoid a standup. He used to stay extremely busy from the top and really smothered guys. So I don't really see him TKOing Fedor from top position despite Fedor's weak chin. However I think against Fedor his more conservative top game will serve him better than going balls out. Fedor would catch the old Chael being too wreckless like Anderson Silva did. But now that Chael seems a bit more conservative on the ground I could see him winning a decision.
Yeah prime TRT Chael was a monster on top. Really aggressive ground and pound. He's definitely not like that now. Occasionally he will posture and land some good strikes but it's more control.

I guess it is because he's over 40, and that aggressive GNP likely was part of the reason he always got subbed. And it probably takes a lot of gas, though he's been in 3 round fights lately.

Fedor is heavier and just a head hunter now. His win against Mir was admirable but this is no easy fight if he is forced to work off his back. Prime Fedor is gone. He doesnt have the same dynamic submission game or GnP or TDD. Its a 50/50 fight if they both show up healthy and in shape. But not in the fact that it will be competitive....

Someone's getting embarrassed and beat bad.

Sonnen has never out muscled a bigger grappler guy to decision
He can barely do it at 185
He will clinch with fedor then sonnen goes to the moon fedor ragdolls him

Fedor is heavier and just a head hunter now. His win against Mir was admirable but this is no easy fight if he is forced to work off his back. Prime Fedor is gone. He doesnt have the same dynamic submission game or GnP or TDD. Its a 50/50 fight if they both show up healthy and in shape. But not in the fact that it will be competitive....

Someone's getting embarrassed and beat bad.
He still seems to have the grappling . You clinch with him you are going down mir found that out 265lb

<1>
Do you?

The ref stops a fight when a fighter can no longer intelligently defend themselves...TKO. If the ref doesn't stop the fight , then what would've been a TKO, would sooner or later become a KO if the ref lets the opponent keep landing shots

@PeterTheGreat

People act like Sonnen didn't got subbed a gazillion times, including by a geriatric Tito. Fedor tapping Chael is a pretty obvious possibility.

geriatric tito?

the dude was roided out to rich pianas size

Sonnen has never out muscled a bigger grappler guy to decision
He can barely do it at 185
He will clinch with fedor then sonnen goes to the moon fedor ragdolls him

Doesn't matter. Fedor is SO done it's not even funny. YOU could potentially beat Fedor. That's how done he is. I predict he'll be ice skating while throwing haymakers within 1 minute after one of Sonnen's pillows so much as touch him on any part of his body.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back