Some Padwork. Improvement proposals appreciated

Hi guys

Here is some padwork i did.. Would be great to hear your comments.
Some mistakes i noticed by myself
- sometimes wide stand
- low guard
- ellbows not tight enough

Would be nice to hear your advices.

http://youtu.be/KQc3dudlVtY

http://youtu.be/CQpmcGtFQSo

http://youtu.be/w25h6fDQHQg

http://youtu.be/VQ54vRqoEMU

i feel like your feet come out of position when you start throwing punches. you step forward and out with your left, leave your right behind which puts you in a really wide stance, it also squares you up quite a bit, then throw your combo. seems like you don't get as much hip and body rotation and involvement like that. maybe i'm wrong. a more seasoned coach will hopefully comment.

There's a lot of good stuff here. But in Pads 2 you flare your right elbow right out from your body when throwing your left jab. Not the best strategy, You also get VERY square and your hands are low in the beginning of pads 1
Seems like you have good power though, keep up the good work

You are ready, sparring 1st slowly build up wih trustworthy partners if you haven't done that already, then fight. Good job, good technique hard to find faults if I do they would be small pedantic subjective things.

There's a lot of good stuff here. But in Pads 2 you flare your right elbow right out from your body when throwing your left jab. Not the best strategy, You also get VERY square and your hands are low in the beginning of pads 1
Seems like you have good power though, keep up the good work

oh yeah, i meant to mention this as well. you flare your right elbow out from your body when you throw your left. i especially notice it on hooks, but you do it with jabs too as mentioned above.

keep those elbows high and tight! you know this.

I believe you come out of your stance and get VERY boxed when you throw...not good for boxing.
Return the hand to the chin after every punch.

Stay a bit less dead legged, keep on your toes, esp back foot.

You may be armpunching a bit, try to throw through the hip and shoulder if you know what I mean - turn that hip over - power generates from the toes to the hand!

Youre snaking that back foot around when your jabbing ...i.e. you are lining yourself up straight my coach used to call walking the railroad track...try to step big little instead of little big....

Majorly flaring the opposite arm when punching

Looking very very good though, your wind and muscle stamina is very ready...i am nitpicking cuz that will help you but man you are def ready to be in the ring if you arent already sparring

Feel free to PM me if anything, I have a good amount of time in the ring and training ppl

Last edited:
HI Guys, i posted some new pad vids.. would appreciate any advice. Tried to fix some mistakes.. but have a hard time to change the habits. Looking forward to your opinions

just skimmed through a few vids but you look sharp on the pads.

You were always fast and explosive it seems, but you are a lot tighter in the new videos and better co-ordinated. Definitely improved.

Btw, is that fucking Bas Rutten teaching you pads?

Thanks a lot for the comments.

Yeah, its El Guapo :) amazing teacher and person!

I had some amateur fights a long time ago.. now turning 32... so just training to stay in shape but i spar on a regular basis

HI Guys, i posted some new pad vids.. would appreciate any advice. Tried to fix some mistakes.. but have a hard time to change the habits. Looking forward to your opinions

Good technique, how much is bas rutten charging?

I think it was 350 bucks.. but i am not sure anymore since this was one year ago

Are you still in contact with bas? There’s a local fighter here who is Mexican that’s really going places but has a terrible nick name. I’ve started a grass roots campaign to get him to change his name to el guapo because he’s a smooth, good looking dude. The kind of thing that would work well if I got bas to give his blessing

in the last video you followed your pad holder around the edge of the ring. Don't get into bad habits on the pads or they will follow you into the ring. if you imagine a line from the center of the ring to your opponent, you should try be on that line.

Back