Some of My Acoustic Guitars

rj144

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Just for fans of acoustics, here are some of my guitars:

d5bwWVyDkPeVBPx_F75cw4m__JsdLdfGJ4TORnWytWt_DRx1tgVQKijJ9PwLYOm91R60tfWF6YfJhZiM6mOTv2q-y5vsmmEQ5badnRJKFB2J9PKeGQ5Z6HKW1Cwea8_56gfLYfI4eWIJ1Q-3wdNtmJfFtw5-sWWYc-rIMZrGYtKHxsl2f-Tz_odvYuJ5yhfxqIbiQqhpgi6Fk0TVm9agVlknkY_uYYtC2JZTYCcS7P2WkiBiIe8ukXgsZQz3hNf-q-W7LsS7A5VYD9QNrajKc6GVB1dGonlbNuoEQQCWUQEvFGnno0HeYk8FkQko-zeeoNFQQXQ51yB8KiH9koNk2OTkoIVli03m39o1ZQywsI_hCKI-RfSd0z3BR5QXsSh-sIztOZyn6APH0Mi3_4-wKD0ZbxXNe-rrA-Hltr21gc7ah6jAHwns-_fyK1NMDxNKe02HJVTqyVhl3fajyqExbtF_s6S88_41Rt50R6qdI-jth4AxzhJH16fW2bcXWeSxpcxp6y86QpxvmOjOzpC6OIZ7lkUSPyOqhm-KxE4aM5XgNuVDgjaqQYA0YzIR8GsrDP6cxk70JWHFYHLPWakgVVYh-PDEjtvPkBxs4iNqmBv1-3to1eM1CfTRpQ=w974-h960-no

InEYh8aNWAvwXE3wBfqOUeAAQ98wYZmWeRXU01AKBxjvkLBOMT-Tk0bwQD3_Cag5NcvabCIDtzsm_gJBKuW_pPWxvFLa6H_U4U-jd4hqxjvkfJT0Q8ITRes-kKpN6uim0vnE7im0qcL5FPtFuegQQLoNuEkJa78rlcS2S6U_W4vE0uI5Us4DYQhr5RspgxQvPUL2KDmiyXUTjv1Zcy6X3Z0CO6btttUcI7gzGClAMC8nZIizZgwE2OQnF_cv8MsdGzPD3iOTocdyEBliDdoWdCfmo_IOM6exQUtdIF5HPA-XTYdCcxb1S9h51EFMSlPMnATT5DDCD_B1_6s1NFHumJh0Cr4ZH4_XuZei4lFYJfF8N7rgCSVHSHpObfKDbriRzdg19mUSNJXAjM-dvy53r27_Cs6jhTuUkRSoqgGO0XSZWFEUiBeNdtzIXcir1UDKUMwLHzM_kauAOV7vHoXli5YI7lUB4FAAjMqGAgpWtKNiTM0NzRx8ggnHg-ztL271J-jeLkaI1P9y4rQWEl51Pt7lwZv1FZb9dFwPfmSD13i1D2NghDXSm2aj5ygBwGDtwVm25__l8L-gfoJkBXSramkzUFm4cBCxnniP6uJYnFIDm8ynoxcNag=w988-h960-no

L23APlCkSgpTXhL1jkjGWSI2HNbzUNJsFaOEhiCzOMAJoWSTCpx89aGYxoxatIzHWwft9XpZwe82skQueSvHeHuu7Uo52PJnerQx36vj4Fz7eXUuIFXtJtzI_5XTTbh1hXCYvyPdMxk5vz-SCzHLauSClv0YalrPx9RhqERnI7ovrXXKXQND0ed3ShW1AxiFlYkgEUTiy-56x5co6hRn8KT5F62_-9AISzk-ia_0GLf7HOn4AegAwBcCKGNDwRoXA-3iSQdeOlLJGR6byy-irh1nR5XbCnhU_GxTu-MrshzZI_rsDLaeHOsHKT4sRUkjYoMh6MmWfZYwtyH331jP4XdEZDb9F23w3UiSHlBLTkb5NrqlZA3kIDDzgqCTJIpdqKsZQ9Qf0m8_YtlsNtVuTF8hY97t8Un-hqJu0OKxqIz0NoWe_EUrtpCyaqe3sqcybl9Th2voGb4hJ5TqIJnszpYqfZi2BuQeV8tODQHdPE6oPuM28kadapEF5imJzp4sXTLHJ_qpt5o92Q0TN6pbYpgoO9_FAfFbTdrvcG-bRu1_Ms3Y2SZU4vDgdssry15HJ7u-DiMxr2oD4JlnFslzzL_CAPu-uJHCy_bP7akRlmnSmDdkSoJhTLh7jw=w544-h960-no

I might post more later.

Been awhile since I bought an acoustic. I'm considering getting one of those old Epiphone Archtops made before Gibson bought the company.

Nice, I like that Guild in the middle. What is it, D40? Best looking of the bunch.

Nice, I like that Guild in the middle. What is it, D40? Best looking of the bunch.

D55... my favorite guitar of all time is the one on the top right.

Those are nice. I've always preferred the look and playability of cut aways but the smoothest guitar I've ever played was some high end classical guitar (not counting my strat). Can't remember what it was I was pretty young and the only guitars I had then was a Peavy Predator and some cheap acoustic my sister had that you could drive a match box car under the frets, that's how high the action was lol. So when I played that I was like "shit no wonder I can't play a bar chord."

Those are nice. I've always preferred the look and playability of cut aways but the smoothest guitar I've ever played was some high end classical guitar (not counting my strat). Can't remember what it was I was pretty young and the only guitars I had then was a Peavy Predator and some cheap acoustic my sister had that you could drive a match box car under the frets, that's how high the action was lol. So when I played that I was like "shit no wonder I can't play a bar chord."

Yeah, even some expensive guitars, come with high action. This is due to the fact the woods change size and swell with temperature and humidity changes as it is shipped. That's why it's good to get an acoustic setup when you get it and the action and relief can be changed.

Some guitars are just a POS and can't really be fixed because the geometry is all off though.

Budget guitars have come a long way though. Lots of people my age were probably discouraged from playing because of how shit the beginner level guitars used to be. I actually think my wrist is still fucked up from my Harmony bass I started on.

Budget guitars have come a long way though. Lots of people my age were probably discouraged from playing because of how shit the beginner level guitars used to be. I actually think my wrist is still fucked up from my Harmony bass I started on.

That's true. I bought an $80 Washburn acoustic for my office a couple of years ago and it plays great stock. I didn't even need to get a setup which is lucky. It also sounds pretty good. It's no D55, but it's good enough for my office.

I am rocking a Larrivee D-03. Got it very cheap used but had to put money into it to bring it back to life. It took the guitar shop around 2 months to bring it back. Most of that time it sat in a humidified closet until the wood came back. I used to play an old Guild dreadnought and while I loved it, the Larrivee is just a different animal. The Larrivee has a balance to it that I have never experienced before with an acoustic. It does not have as much headroom (can't bang on it like the Guild and get more volume) but it has a beautiful sonic spread between highs and lows. Larrivee made me a believer.

I am rocking a Larrivee D-03. Got it very cheap used but had to put money into it to bring it back to life. It took the guitar shop around 2 months to bring it back. Most of that time it sat in a humidified closet until the wood came back. I used to play an old Guild dreadnought and while I loved it, the Larrivee is just a different animal. The Larrivee has a balance to it that I have never experienced before with an acoustic. It does not have as much headroom (can't bang on it like the Guild and get more volume) but it has a beautiful sonic spread between highs and lows. Larrivee made me a believer.

Nice. I played one Larrivee only and it was nice. I'd like to play more of them in the future.

I do love my Guild D55 though. I also have a Guild Orpheum Dread that is more expensive than the D55. I need to have it setup better, but that's a crazy good guitar too and sounds much different than the D55.

While my Guilds and Taylors rock, my favorite guitar is even more expensive than those. It's a Goodall GC with an Italian Spruce top and walnut back and sides. I have yet to play a guitar that sounds better ever. I've done testing on a few friends who don't play. They think the Taylors and Guilds sound the same and they can't tell them apart. But, when I play the Goodall they immediately can hear how it sounds different... in a better way.

Back