Solution to weight cheating, thoughts?

mmahorse

i am what i am
Banned
Reaction score
I think the weight classes are fine with the exception of hw!

UFC need to reduce heavyweight, guys like tuivasa , hunt, Lewis are too heavy. Reduce 265 to 255lb

Then 1 month before fight you cannot be greater than your scheduled fight weight class.
Example: if my fight is next month and I fight Middleweight.
I cannot be greater than 205lb. As I'm not really a mw.

To ensure this is done, have weekly testing that s done at the same time as usada.
If at any stage you are over, you are out of the fight.

To stop people jumping around , you cannot leave your division without defending it at least twice

Weight Class Upper Weight Limit
Flyweight 125 lb (56.7 kg; 8.9 st)
Bantamweight 135 lb
Featherweight 145 lb
Lightweight 155 lb
Welterweight 170 lb
Middleweight 185 lb
Light Heavyweight 205 lb
Heavyweight 255 lb

You mean they should remove the weight limit all together, fuck lowering it.

Put them in concentration camps so everyone fights at the same weight. Solved!

The obvious... Weigh-in on the same day of the event, and who exceeds lose 40% of the purse.

Urine specific gravity along with drug testing. If you dehydrate yourself your urine will be concentrated.

A kick from Cheick Kongo square in the hoogans.

Who are we missing out on seeing fight (or seeing fight "depleted") in the UFC in 2018 because of the Heavyweight limit?

Also, these are the only men's weight classes there should be in the UFC IMO:

Then for women:

I don't care about current divisional depth. Give it an extended run of 3-4 years without changing (starting in July 2019, to give fighters and teams time to pick and choose a weight class and adapt), and the depth will grow in each division, for each gender. Combining and expanding divisions will create new depth and match-ups anyway.

Have pre-weigh-ins 28 days ahead of the fight, where fighters must weigh in at no more than 15lbs over their divisional weight (eg. 175lb division fighters must be no more than 190lbs at the 28 day mark, etc.). This will eliminate guys doing massive unsafe cuts (eg. these guys who allegedly cut 30lbs+ from their walk-around weight, which is just ridiculous, regardless of whether "it's always been done that way" in combat sports or not) and make sure guys are fighting in their "proper" weigh class, without being "weight bullies". The gap between the weight classes will emphasise and ensure this further, removing the temptation/ability to go up and down on a whim. Then have final weigh-ins 48 hours before the event start-time. Make the weight limits hard (eg. don't allow 175.5 for the 175lb division) as well.

Last edited:
U can always purchase a weight advantage. That will never change

the solution is the one fc model

The problem is the ufc doesn't want to deal with a clusterfuck of an adjustment period. In a sport with no off season and fights perpetually booked transitioning hundreds of fighters (including champions) to a new weightclass and new weigh in system would be an absolute nightmare.

I think it's worth it long term but I totally understand why the ufc doesn't want to.

I really couldn't care less as long as they make it to the cage and entertain me. Don't care about their health or well being. That's on them to care about. Just try to have another fighter on deck to step in and make me smile if someone can't make it.

Nah, just make a superheavyweight division that occasionally fights....upper limit is 330 lbs.

Lol @ cheating, get out of here with that shit. Weight cutting is as old as sanctioned fighting. Get over it

Lol @ cheating, get out of here with that shit. Weight cutting is as old as sanctioned fighting. Get over it
Here's a million dollar example.
Khabib walks around at 200lb but one day before the fight weighs 155lb

The obvious... Weigh-in on the same day of the event, and who exceeds lose 40% of the purse.
That could be another rule added.

What if I have a big meal and go over?

Urine gravity test and weight classes ranging from 145-225, 9 divisions with 10 pound difference between each and a additional 225+ division.

Problem solved.

Nah, just make a superheavyweight division that occasionally fights....upper limit is 330 lbs.

Please name one fighter that we're missing out on seeing (or aren't seeing the best of) because of the lack of a "superheavyweight" division.

It's completely unnecessary.

Back