Solid Gold: where the hell is the promotion?

Marc A

Being broke is being dishonest
@Silver
Reaction score
Rigo vs Loma going battle and I am not seeing any promotion for this

You have sold out the tickets but zero primordial effort on this super fight of sorts

Rigo vs Loma going battle and I am not seeing any promotion for this

You have sold out the tickets but zero primordial effort on this super fight of sorts

Good point. Others are wondering the same. It sold out 2 months in advance even though The Theater only seats 5,500-5,600 people. Not bad for a "boring" Rigondeaux and another small foreign fighter that speaks Russian.

Last edited:
I checked the main ESPN YouTube channel for content. The fight was announced as being confirmed on September 15th. Since then, ESPN has uploaded only 4 boxing related videos in the last 2 weeks. In the last 3 weeks, 21 more boxing related videos were uploaded with none relating to Lomachenko-Rigondeaux. Twenty of those videos were for the Canelo-GGG fight.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ESPN/videos
<JagsKiddingMe>

Last edited:
Not sure whose fault this is? TR's or ESPN's? But whomever is to blame, it's a downright shame. This is one of the most talent-rich fights we will ever see and NOBODY is talking about it....

I think it's an awesome matchup but some people I have spoke with about the fight think it's an extremely one sided matchup. I personally think Rigo is still skilled enough and tricky enough to make it a fight but general consensus on this fight is that it's not competitive

Good point. Others are wondering the same. It sold out 2 months in advance even though The Theater only seats 5,500-5,600 people. Not bad for a "boring" Rigondeaux and another small foreign fighter that speaks Russian.

LOl that’s what sparked me about this fight .
sD

LOl that’s what sparked me about this fight .
sD

To be honest I can't stand that show or any of them. They almost never have the facts on hand. There's too much blabbing back and forth for long periods of time, cheesy sound effects and callers that are clueless. One guy didn't even know the fight was at 130 when he called in but had already made his pick. The hosts can't even pronounce the fighters' names correctly and there's too much small talk in between. I usually tune in for 10-15 minutes tops because it's all that I can take. Today's so-called "New Media" blows. I think I may be getting grumpier with age.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back