So what would Romero have to do to get a third fight with Whittaker?

killakillakilla

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Honestly I don’t feel the same way about Romero/Whittaker that I usually do after fighters fight twice with the same outcome both times.

For example, I have absolutely no interest in seeing woodley fight Wonderboy again but man I would love to see Whittaker fight Romero again.

So I don’t honestly think Romero is that far off from another title shot if he stays at MW. I think if he can dominate and/or finish a contender like Gastelum or Weidman again AND make weight properly in the first try, he would have a strong case for another title shot especially considering the current MW landscape. Not many contenders coming up

Beat another contender and make weight.

I don't think he will fight Whittaker again.

Prob win two fights against top guys while making 185 not 186

Make weight and maybe a two fight win streak... If he doesn't move to 205.

Make 185 or 184 in his next two or three fights and win them.

hes done,too old for another run

Prob win two fights against top guys while making 185 not 186

Make weight and maybe a two fight win streak... If he doesn't move to 205.

Let’s say they have Romero fight Gastelum and Romero just absolutely destroys him AND makes weight the first try. Would you be down with a third fight with Whittaker or would you want Romero to win a second fight before Whittaker?

1st fight was a bit boring, 2nd fight was awesome but honestly I would prefer a fresher matchup as a fan. Romero has to prove he can still make 85 and Whittaker has to recover which will take awhile as well as defend against probably Kelvin in his return. I think that will be a helluva fight.

Probably have to do something that only gay jesus would approve of

Let’s say they have Romero fight Gastelum and Romero just absolutely destroys him AND makes weight the first try. Would you be down with a third fight with Whittaker?
I would as long as Whittaker also wins another fight...just for some variety

Whittaker might not be down tho...he will probably break something else in the fight lol

Wreck Kelvin after making 185lb weight limit?

Whittaker seems to get injured in every fight and pull out of every other fight

Just stay ready for that interim title fight when he pulls out against Kelvin.

Go up to 205, beat whoever inherits the belt from the retiring DC, then come back down for a superfight with Whittaker.

That's the only way I see a third fight happening.

Wreck Kelvin after making 185lb weight limit?

I think that’s pretty much the shortest path to a third title shot for him if he stays at MW -

1) get the fight with Gastelum and dominate him

2) make weight the first try

185 has cannibalized itself. Weidman lost to Romero but beat Gastelum. Gastelum beat Jacare. Whitaker fought Romero twice. Romero and Jacare had a close decision.

Maybe Rockhold should get back into this mess again?

I smell a tournament. They won’t do it but it would be killer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back