So the guy that Urijah beat to get into the house.

Well Hall did lose to weidman shortly before wiedman went into the UFC. That one loss to another up and comer (9-0 vs halls 9-2) is probably the reason he was overlooked.

Do you bring in the undefeated prospect or the prospect who's 9-2 with a loss to the undefeated prospect.

Hell had hall won that fight way back then it wouldn't suprise me to see hall fighting for the title against anderson and weidman fighting on TUF.

i think the gym you're from also makes a difference.
Weidman's a SerraLongo golden boy (as is Costa). Team Tiger Schulmann has only a couple of smaller fighters that I've heard of (Leprechaun and Nick Pace)

I seriously doubt Silva had no clue who he was.

Dana is the one that comes off clueless there. He said 'where did this guy come from'? LOL he fought for a promotion(ROC) that is one of the biggest east coast pipelines for the talent that comes into his org. And has been for many years. It just shows Dana has no clue and no time to care about what prospects are out there and the scouting new talent end. I guarantee Joe knew who he was and was on his radar. Sometimes its a numbers game with the roster or timing. Maybe he felt he needed more pxreince and seasoning which he is getting now.

I think the Strikeforce roster influx has a lot to do with it. The UFC just doesn't have tons of open spots for prospects. That's also why this season has more talented guys than in the past few. It also matters where you train. A top coach vouching for a guy is huge. I think Hall mainly trains out of a smaller gym. After the Enz fight, I thought Hall was being over hyped. Now, that fight just makes Enz look better. One of the rare instances when a loss makes you looks better.

Well Hall did lose to weidman shortly before wiedman went into the UFC. That one loss to another up and comer (9-0 vs halls 9-2) is probably the reason he was overlooked.

Do you bring in the undefeated prospect or the prospect who's 9-2 with a loss to the undefeated prospect.

Hell had hall won that fight way back then it wouldn't suprise me to see hall fighting for the title against anderson and weidman fighting on TUF.

^ This
That fight was the determining factor.

I thought the exact same thing when i saw the first episode.

He was getting blasted by Uriah, he got hit with headkicks and all and not only showed toughness by surviving but also showed heart by fighting back the whole time.

Plus i liked his story, sucked he couldn't have gotten an easier fight to get into the house, he was only 3-0.

"Lets go Andy!" "You refuse to lose!"

-Andy's dad.

I thought the same thing. Dude was clearly tough as shit. Cella did a lot better than Bubba too

people need to ease up on the uriah hype. He could turn out to be a top contender or he could become the next philipe nover. Lets not forget he recently confessed to getting man handled by ronda rousey. On the show he has fought strikers who have played right into his game, lets see how he does against a good ground fighter before we talk about him being the next mw champion. Not putting him down in any way, he is clearly very talented but lets calm down a bit

people need to ease up on the uriah hype. He could turn out to be a top contender or he could become the next philipe nover. Lets not forget he recently confessed to getting man handled by ronda rousey. On the show he has fought strikers who have played right into his game, lets see how he does against a good ground fighter before we talk about him being the next mw champion. Not putting him down in any way, he is clearly very talented but lets calm down a bit

Lol you probably haven't rolled before, you don't go 100% when you roll especially with someone you have strength advantage over.
(Don't need to be the girls, if you are LHW rolling with BW you don't use all your strength)

Lol you probably haven't rolled before, you don't go 100% when you roll especially with someone you have strength advantage over.
(Don't need to be the girls, if you are LHW rolling with BW you don't use all your strength)

Lol exactly. Ease off the kid though. He's probably just another portly out of shape couch potato "expert" who takes everything he sees on youtube seriously. On second thought, I hate people like that. Wail on the little shit.

i hear what your saying but her ground game won't be on the same level as the upper tier of the ufc's mw division and the way he made out he couldn't do anything to her. Not implying he won't be able to hang in the ufc but people are going a bit overboard

Lol exactly. Ease off the kid though. He's probably just another portly out of shape couch potato "expert" who takes everything he sees on youtube seriously. On second thought, I hate people like that. Wail on the little shit.

I'm definitely not an expert, just a fan giving his opinion in a respectful way. But thank you for putting me in my place, you clearly have had a very stressful day being stepped on and need to blow off steam and reinforce your already damaged ego by coming on here and playing your face behind a keyboard

He's only 21 and will more than likely be in the UFC. He got a shitty deal by having to fight Uriah but I think people will actually start to pay attention to him even though he wasn't really on the show. His fight with Uriah was great and he's got nowhere to go but up. Hope to see him in the big show in a year or two.

I said it in a thread after the first episode. Enz is better then Kevin Casey and a bunch of guys that made it into the house.

yeah, i just re-watched the first episode yesterday with the old lady. she hadn

Dana said it himself after the fight - "that guy was great but ran into the hammer known as Uriah Hall". He might get into the UFC eventually.

Unlucky for him to face Uriah but i'm sure the UFC will keep an eye on him given his performance. If he builds a decent record i'm sure he'll get his chance.

Makes me wish they booked him against Hester in the finale. I don't have any interest in Bristol.

Back