So Superkombat World Grand Prix series debuts on CBS Sports Network

Broadcast

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
17757241_611301465727671_7687986796015738827_n.jpg

kongo3.0.0.png

With Anthony "Tony" Johnson Jr. (ex-Bellator) on kickboxing rules, in the main-event. This event takes place in Bucharest, Romania at Romexpo dome, next event is from Madrid in May. Several events are also planned in the United States according to the new American commentator.

My DirecTV DVR program guide shows a Sports Spectacular special titled "Fight Night: SuperKombat" and the description says 'From London' scheduled for Friday April 14th at 10 PM EDT with a few later replays. Not sure if this Romania card in the image above is the one being aired on a seven day tape delay or a different card from London.

I heard that from the next events the delay might be of only 2 hours, because the time in America. Being the first event on CBS Sports Network, it is this way. At least all is in the weekend, the all 3 days.

Glory also airs delayed on ESPN 2, and live only on the internet.

The CBS SN broadcasts on April 15th & 16th are re-broadcasts of the one on the 14th, correct? I assume it's not a multi-part event.

So I have never watched a Superkombat event in my life, but I enjoy Glory and other kickboxing, so I thought I would check out their web site and see what I could learn hopefully without spoiling myself of the results knowing that this tape delayed card from Romania was going to be on CBS SN Friday night. Sure enough, I see a 4½ hour long video embedded from YouTube of the Elimination stage prior to this card, so I figure I'll watch it so I know who is who and stuff before watching the Grand Prix itself. I can't get the sound to work at all on the embedded video and then I go to YouTube directly and read this. I want to hear the commentary and natural sound from the bouts. Pretty frustrating.

"This video previously contained a copyrighted audio track. Due to a claim by a copyright holder, the audio track has been muted".

The fight at 2:41 was a good fight.

Some of the Sharpie names were annoying, except "Kung Fu PIZZA" that was a cool one.

Back