So Shavkhat might leapfrog Belal Muhammad for the title?

MetaIIica

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
According to Dana there's a real possibility that Shavkhat can leapfrog Belal for the title-shot after beating Wonderboy. However, Belal beat wonderboy in 2021 and has won 3 fights since that in Sean Brady, Vincent Luque, and Gilbert Burns. So Shavkhat can beat the same guy as Belal beat 3 fights ago but get a title-shot over him? This is ridiculous and I am a Belal hater

Belal deserves next even though that fight has snoozer written all over it. If you are going to have a rankings system, you need to follow it. Shavkhat is new on the scene and has plenty of time. He's not exactly a ball of charisma either.

Absolute bullshit..

If im Belal and i get stepped over one more time...im asking to be released and im calling up PFL and going for the 1 mill tournament...the UFC will be deliberately wasting his prime and best money making years of his career at this point so why not go to PFL and get that Million plus sponsor pay ... It will be more then he's made his entire career so far . For 1 years worth of work...

And he should talk the dirtiest shit as he does it too and call for more fighters to jump to PFL...as Dana and Co are clearly controlling divisions and people's careers unfairly ...

Enough is enough give the man his dam Title shot ...if he wins then it was the right choice as he's clearly the best and if he loses ..then he can STFU and work his way back up

But to not give him one now...is just bullshit...the #1 kind ..

Belal deserves next even though that fight has snoozer written all over it. If you are going to have a rankings system, you need to follow it. Shavkhat is new on the scene and has plenty of time. He's not exactly a ball of charisma either.
Shavkat’s charisma is in his fighting style and overall aura. I feel like I’m watching a reincarnated Sakuraba or something.

“Charisma” is a way for boring wrestle-boxers to try and compensate for being not really worth watching.

I'm an admitted Belal hater. He has quite literally the worst fight style I've ever seen, and is the cringiest and lamest fighter I've ever heard speak. He has negative charisma and the thinnest skin in the game. That being said, I can't see how he gets jumped for a title shot at this point. He is the most deserving candidate on paper to get the next shot. Just give him the shot already so he shuts up ffs.

Absolute bullshit..

If im Belal and i get stepped over one more time...im asking to be released and im calling up PFL and going for the 1 mill tournament...the UFC will be deliberately wasting his prime and best money making years of his career at this point so why not go to PFL and get that Million plus sponsor pay ... It will be more then he's made his entire career so far . For 1 years worth of work...

And he should talk the dirtiest shit as he does it too and call for more fighters to jump to PFL...as Dana and Co are clearly controlling divisions and people's careers unfairly ...

Enough is enough give the man his dam Title shot ...if he wins then it was the right choice as he's clearly the best and if he loses ..then he can STFU and work his way back up

But to not give him one now...is just bullshit...the #1 kind ..
Him talking shit would have no effect on fighters. You are acting like he knows some deep secret and fighters don't know it. Everyone know Belal situation, everyone know what UFC and other organizations pay. Fighters are not fangirls like you, they only think about their career. No other fighter care about if Belal gets a title shot or not, they are not wasting their time crying on fighters payment or deserving TS or not, they are focusing on themselves.

I don't get why everyone is saying it will be a snooze fest
1st fight was not a snoozer

Shavkat finished Geoff Neal in his fight before this.

Geoff Neal gave Belal a nasty beating. Bust him open.

So it’s disingenuous to base their merits for a title shot based solely off when they beat Wonderboy.

If Belal fought Leon this weekend as he should have been the timing would've been perfect for Shavkat to fight the winner next.

But since Colby undeservedly got the fight now we run into this issue where we have 2 guys who are deserving of a title shot next and one of them will have to wait a year or take another fight.

According to Dana there's a real possibility that Shavkhat can leapfrog Belal for the title-shot after beating Wonderboy. However, Belal beat wonderboy in 2021 and has won 3 fights since that in Sean Brady, Vincent Luque, and Gilbert Burns. So Shavkhat can beat the same guy as Belal beat 3 fights ago but get a title-shot over him? This is ridiculous and I am a Belal hater

It happened before in almost the exact same scenario. Remember when usman leap frogged colby with the exact same wins in less impressive fashion?

Shavkat finished Geoff Neal in his fight before this.

Geoff Neal gave Belal a nasty beating. Bust him open.

So it’s disingenuous to base their merits for a title shot based solely off when they beat Wonderboy.

Geoff Neal had lost ro Magny by the time he fought Shav.

Burns and Brady are the 2 best wins on either man's resume

Him talking shit would have no effect on fighters. You are acting like he knows some deep secret and fighters don't know it. Everyone know Belal situation, everyone know what UFC and other organizations pay. Fighters are not fangirls like you, they only think about their career. No other fighter care about if Belal gets a title shot or not, they are not wasting their time crying on fighters payment or deserving TS or not, they are focusing on themselves.

It would have an effect on the sport in general ..

Fighters coming up maybe wont consider the UFC knowing dam well its being run into the ground as a circus show...if guys on the streak Belal's on and doesn't get a title shot..what more does he have to do?

Some fighters dont care..some do ... as a competitor and martial artist myself i care...no fan girling i just care about the sport i love ..

Whats fair is fair...people only get away with what to u allow them to get away with...and some people don't want to be the first to go or protest but will likely join one someone else does..

As the saying goes...it only takes one ...Francis showed the way ...others can follow if the UFC doesn't smarten up ...

Fighting is entertaining on its own...it doesnt need the bullshit theatrics and sure as shit shouldn't be dictating what happens in a sport ...the sport being MMA ...Belal has earned his shot anything else now is basically criminal..

This is like a NHL team winning a playoff series but being denied to go the Stanely cup finals because another team is more exciting....BOO HOO too bad the most exciting team doesn't always win the championship thats some WWE scripted shit

I’m not a big legitimacy guy but Belal has earned this shot. Lots of dudes fight cans and has beens on the way to their shot, Belal hasn’t. He’s cringe af but come on. Let Leon point fight his way to another easy victory then give the next shot to Shav. It’s not like he fights all that often and would be ready to fight soon anyways.

Belal should be next, no question about it.

He’s a boring fighter that usually goes to decision, has little charisma and even though he’s born and raised in the USA , I don’t think he has a lot of support there. I haven’t heard anyone chanting USA USA when he’s fighting lol

He still should be next as he has kept fighting and winning. He also has unfinished business with Leon as he got eyepoked and fight was called off.

Belal isn't going to suddenly get more popular on one fight.

Shavkat could, especially if he gets and finishes someone like Usman or Colby.

So might as well do Belal now, especially since Shavkat's got more time to go.

Back