So, once again Krylov gets completely outclassed when facing a legit competition.

Melas Chasma

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Was this the time Sherdog finally learned he is just not that good, or will he again be hyped as a super promising great future contender before his next fight? He has never beaten even a top15 opponent, yet for some weird reason people here have always acted like he is something special and he was even the betting favorite over Jan B.

Im pretty sure he was betting underdog in the fight, but you're right, he aint all that.

Was this the time Sherdog finally learned he is just not that good, or will he again be hyped as a super promising great future contender before his next fight? He has never beaten even a top15 opponent, yet for some weird reason people here have always acted like he is something special and he was even the betting favorite over Jan B.
Wait, he was the favourite against Jan? <30>

Barely heard anyone talking about him before or after the fight.

He has got a weird thing going, when he didn't re-sign with the UFC the majority of posters here felt the UFC was making a gigantic mistake and losing one of the best 205lb'ers in the world......and he'd literally just been choked out by Cirkunov at the time. I thought he'd win, I thought he'd improved enough and Jan is good but just a well-rounded guy, not incredible....I was wrong.

Barely heard anyone talking about him before or after the fight.

Yeah, lets now all act like he never had any hype train on Sherdog. Never beaten a top15 opponent, still the betting favorite over a top5 fighter, gets outclassed. Pretty much the definition of an overrated hype train.

Yeah, lets now all act like he never had any hype train on Sherdog. Never beaten a top15 opponent, still the betting favorite over a top5 fighter, gets outclassed. Pretty much the definition of an overrated hype train.

Lmao...

Ok I'll act like that. I've literally never seen a thread about him.

The last I saw Jan B was a slight +115 underdog on fight day.
The betting agency im with had krylov a dg but it was close so it was all a matter o who was releasing the odds i guess. I bet on krylov btw FML

Jan is ranked 4th in the division, losing to him doesn't make him a scrub.

I thought Krylov was like, some legend. When I saw he is just 26 I realized I'd gotten his name confused with some other much-more-accomplished Russian. Maybe the same thing happened to a few of yall

Krylov definitely didn’t deserve this fight, he hasn’t done anything to get it, like ya said, hasn’t beat a top 15 guy.

At 30+ fights he is what he is, I don’t see him ever being a top 5 guy. Talking about prospects that are 26 and Russian, Magomed takes that, he is super impressive, think he beats Nikita today.

You should say "When Sherdog will finally realize that the LHW division isn't so bad" because Krylov was killing everybody outside the UFC, that's why he was "hyped".

Marcin Prachnio was killing it at ONE FC, in the UFC he's having troubles, that's a story we already saw.

Blachowitz, Latifi, Manuwa, OSP, Glover, ... are all damn good fighters that for some reason hardcore fans can't get behind.

Krylov fought like shit. I knew he'd have to show up in top form to get past Jan but Nikita's always been finish or be finished and tough to imagine a decision win for Nikita still. I should prob pull it up but iirc Nikita went for a leg at the beginning of the 2nd after, what, 2-3 mins of not even being able to retain his guard, or even half guard for that matter.

He's a fun, action fighter. I don't recall anyone ever claiming he was a world beater.

Krylov will still be a top 10 LHW, plus he’s still very young

Not Erik Silva young, but he’s young.

He's fun to watch and he always finishes or gets finished.

Dude it great to have in the UFC even if he never gets into the top 10.

Also he's pretty young, room to grow.

Back