So, not only GDR is to stay in the UFC, she actually improved her game

AimedWithV

Double Yellow Card
@Silver
Reaction score
Whether we like it or not (I don't really), Germaine de Randamie won.
She won't get cut.
And she's deadly close to a title contention, with wins over Holm and Raquel (no matter that Holm fight was in a different category).

Don't get me wrong, Cyborg IS a cheater. And I can understand a clean fighter not wanting to fight her.
But Germaine was discussed as potential Cyborg opponent for freaking YEARS, and expressed all desire to fight her - until this matchup became a mandatory, and she backed up.
This hypocricy is clear.

So what's next for her?
She had ONE fight left in a contract, and UFC have to make sure she doesn't become a #1 contender by the end of that fight - then they'll get stuck with her big time, for big money.
They can give her Aspen Ladd - but with her new TDD it can lead to the cancellation of the only young and promising prospect this division has.

She's tough. Raquel is game and she was thoroughly trashed.

Not gonna lie I skipped it, zero interest in watching her after the holly fight and blatant ducking of cyborg. Only tuning into WMMA if its rose, Nunes, or cyborg. Haven't seen a single other broad worth watching yet.

She was always good and is 5-1 in the octagon, only losing to Amanda. If she can keep it on the feet she can beat anybody in the division, I hope she gets a good top5 fight next (maybe a rematch with Holly but now at her own weight?).

It's really a pity that she only started mma at the end of her carreer and has a fulltime job next to it to make a living. If not she could be a mma legend like she is a muay thai legend already

People moaning about GDR when conor sat on two belts, getting stripped twice. Has never defended a belt in his life. But thats ok i guess

I don’t think she is getting better. She hasn’t shown she can defend a takedown from someone who actually can wrestle a little

I don’t think she is getting better. She hasn’t shown she can defend a takedown from someone who actually can wrestle a little

So you say Ladd or Cat can beat her?

Cyborg IS not a cheater. GDR IS a coward. Probably the only time some Sherdogger can call a professional fighter a coward.

Cyborg IS not a cheater.

She absolutely is...she popped for steroids twice. And USADA explanation about the second time did not hold any critique...just like all their explanations recently.

People moaning about GDR when conor sat on two belts, getting stripped twice. Has never defended a belt in his life. But thats ok i guess

People also complained or "moaned' about Conor. Like me, for example. The people who cheered for Conor to be able to sit on the belts with no defenses have never even heard of GDR cuz they're just fanboys and casuals. Two different sets of fans you're grouping together.

Yes, might be #2 as well.
Well ,3 - undefeated streak of Ketlen is something you can't ignore.
GDR's skillset is sick. Best WMMA striker period IMO.

TDD also greatly improved too. If she can stuff Nunes' entries this time and resist her better in the clinch she could become BW champion. I seriously doubt the UFC will put her in that spot though, after the FW disaster, so she'll probably need a hell of a run to get a shot. For her part, GDR doesn't really seem to care.

I thought she looked great. She has really good striking, especially for a female.

I feel like she would had finished many girls, but Rocky is just that tough.

Don't give her Aspen Ladd, let's build her up a bit, she could be a star. Ladd that is.

Never understood why Germaine didn't take a fight she had a good chance of winning. If she was scared (that's a joke really, no way a veteran fighter was scared of Cris) she could easily have taken the purse and took a dive. Only reasonable explanation for her action was the point of principle one.

Back