So Mighty Mouse vs. Dillashaw at FW and if TJ loses, rematch at BW......

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
So, it sounds like Dillashaw will be fighting Mighty Mouse at FW which is awesome. People have said that if Dillashaw loses it will be because the cut was too much and this and that. If that's the case and TJ loses decisively, what's to stop TJ and Demetrious Johnson from having a rematch at BW. If Mighty Mouse is so good, going up and beating a fighter he just crushed at BW shouldn't be too hard and than the excuse of the weight cut won't be a defense for TJ and MM can get a crack at being a 2 division champion and another super fight with super fight money.

No, if he wins he moves on to defence number #13.

People are going to complain no matter DJ does, so he mind as well just keep doing his thing.

No, if he wins he moves on to defence number #13.

People are going to complain no matter DJ does, so he mind as well just keep doing his thing.

But MM said he wanted the super fight money.

Definitely get it for a BW title fight over a #13 title defense against some nobody.

Why isn't this fight being discussed at 135 pounds?

If TJ can safely get down to 125, as he's been saying, then that should be good enough. People might use TJ's weight cut as an excuse, but all that would prove is how much bigger TJ is than MM. In that case, why would it be incumbent upon MM to move up and fight someone who is much bigger than him?

Would I love to see MM against the top BWs? Of course. I like to see people push the boundaries of their potential, no matter the endeavor. But he doesn't need to move up in order to validate his career. As it is, MM isn't a big FLW. When he was forced to fight at BW, he was at a significant size disadvantage. If he moved up and beat the BW king, he'd have a great argument for being GOAT. But if he lost at BW, it wouldn't take anything away from his legacy.

Here's a reminder of his size disadvantage at BW:

mma_e_cruz_johnson_b1_268.jpg

DJ beats him at both divisions I can’t wait for this fight to happen.

This is going to be a great fight. One of the only manlet fights I am interested in seeing.

. If Mighty Mouse is so good, going up and beating a fighter he just crushed at BW shouldn't be too hard
This sounds like moving the finish line.
People have been shitting on MM, thinking he will not take this fight, and now that it's booked it's not good enough and moving up is the real goal.

And I do think that moving up to beat a fighter in their natural weight class is quite a big deal for someone like DJ who is quite small.

This sounds like moving the finish line.
People have been shitting on MM, thinking he will not take this fight, and now that it's booked it's not good enough and moving up is the real goal.

And I do think that moving up to beat a fighter in their natural weight class is quite a big deal for someone like DJ who is quite small.

I’m talking about MM moving up IF he beats TJ at FW.

If MM crushes TJ at FW he can move up to rematch him but at BW. Everyone knows that the money is in the rematch.

If MM defeats TJ and moves up to fight TJ at BW the pluses are all in MM’s corner, he only wants super fights and the pay that comes with it now and this is one, he doesn’t risk his FW belt again, he’s already beaten TJ, and he could hold belts in 2 divisions.

If MM annihilate TJ at FW no reason he shouldn’t risk a rematch at BW.

DJ wanted the fight at 135. TJ didn't want to risk his belt. Insisted on moving down.
Source?

If DJ wants to move up the fight should happen at BW. TJ won the belt back, DJ just broke the title defense record. DJ deserves the opportunity to be a double champion far more than TJ.

Trying to find some of the videos where he said it. He's said it a few times the Metro PCS show.

Basically he wanted to move up and fight him but TJ wasn't interested.

I had also thought that DJ brought up fighting at 135

Hate these weight classes, but will watch because of Killashaw.

Why would MM want to fight at BW, so he doesn't have to risk his belt?
Same reason TJ wants the fight at 125. So that he would get the chance to hold 2 belts. ie. he has something to gain from the fight.

Lol he hasn't even won the fight yet and the excuses are already rolling in

Back