So Max still wants a 4th with Volk....

Agreed but its probably true, being 35 and coming off back to back KO losses probably affected his chin and mentally as well. I think Max beating Topuria would be better for his legacy. Also, people will probably say 3-1 if he beat Volk
If he beats Volk tho, sadly most people will say Volk is past his prime now lol

Exactly.
It’d be like Tito celebrating after beating the ghost of Chuck Liddell, or Bisping gloating after that razor thin decision win over 46 y/o Dan Henderson.
I get it, these are moral victories for the fighters, but they mean nothing.

I like Max, but not much honor in fighting Volk now after he's been knocked out cold twice in a row. If he wins, it just feels like it doesn't have a lot of substance to it.

Trying to sell a match up multiple times is already hard enough. Trying to sell a fourth fight where one fighter -3 is insanely harder. Neither Volk nor the UFC will push for this unless circumstances favor Max ie he manages to beat llia

Trying to sell a match up multiple times is already hard enough. Trying to sell a fourth fight where one fighter -3 is insanely harder. Neither Volk nor the UFC will push for this unless circumstances favor Max ie he manages to beat llia
It’s all about money

Well Izzy was finally able to get a win in his 4th fight against Alex, If Izzy was able to get that opportunity then considering what Max has done, he should have a chance to get a win against Volk in a 4th matchup

You can see by Volk's video in reaction to UFC 300 that he is different. Dude's a bit out of himself. Big fan but he isn't the same anymore, two KOs in a row change anyone.

Volk dominated Aldo, Max and Yair while they were in their prime.
That's just as important as defneses.

A loss to Holloway now wont change that.

With that said, I wanna see Max fight Topuria and then defend against Evloev. If he can do that he woud have surpassed Volk in FW title fight wins.

Volk losses are to Islam and Topuria. Hardly sunsetting. Max lost to Volk and Dustin and back in the hunt. Volk could make another run too even if non title bouts. Anyway Topuria king of the hill now and Islam has a line. Volk could use a win now that Max jumped the line.

Back