So is Tony vs Khabib for the belt?

Yah. Sure. Kinda like how Conor fought for "Eire", right?
Yea man.............
Na but because Conor gets the winner it's like Conor is still the champ, he hasn't defended enough to have a walk up title fight like that. He should fight a top contender before he gets a shot

Yea man.............
Na but because Conor gets the winner it's like Conor is still the champ, he hasn't defended enough to have a walk up title fight like that. He should fight a top contender before he gets a shot

Conor doesnt deserve a title shot.....there are plenty of LWs with a better record than 1-0 in the UFC....

He should take a fight to shake off the ring rust and prove he can still compete in the division.....

Conor doesnt deserve a title shot.....there are plenty of LWs with a better record than 1-0 in the UFC....

He should take a fight to shake off the ring rust and prove he can still compete in the division.....
From Dana's point of view the problem with a non-title fight is that it doesn't tie Conor up with the champion's clause and allegedly he's got only two fights left on his contract. If they only make him fight for the belt, then only two scenarios can play out and they are both in UFC's favor when dealing with Conor: 1) he wins = champion's clause, 2) he loses/draws = his stock goes down along with his negotiating power.

Last edited:

It's more about the champion getting to beat Conor and the money they get with it whoever wins 223 deserves busting up Conor. Conor could easily loose the tune up and then guy gets everything they worked for.

Its for the super hulk belt.

tumblr_inline_mrj0zgkNyC1qz4rgp.jpg

wtf_wrestling_trophy_20120119_1491858586-1.png

As far as I've been able to find, its only a rumor that Conor will be stripped. Supposedly they will announce it during this weekend's PPV. I don't think anything official has been said.

One thing to keep in mind though is Khabib's team said they won't fight for an interim belt and that was a sticking point for getting the fight with Ferg finalized.
And I'm guessing Tony says fuck I'm not defending an interim belt.

Hes giving up the Conor fight by defending, dude deserves the real belt if he does.

From Dana's point of view the problem with a non-title fight is that it doesn't tie Conor up with the champion's clause and allegedly he's got only two fights left on his contract. If they only make him fight for the belt, then only two scenarios can play out and they are both in UFC's favor when dealing with Conor: 1) he wins = champion's clause, 2) he loses/draws = his stock's goes down along with his negotiating power.
It's more about the champion getting to beat Conor and the money they get with it whoever wins 223 deserves busting up Conor. Conor could easily loose the tune up and then guy gets everything they worked for.

I could see Khabib taking a top contender before Conor.

Tony....not so much.

It's all about the Benjamins

What a stupid situation to be in. Why can't the UFC just be normal again when it comes to the belts?

"Interim champ" has lost all meaning. Whichever wins the fight is the champ IMO. I think a lot of people will consider the winner to be the champ. Whatever that means.
The winner WILL be the champ. Absolutely no one (besides Conor and his fanboys) will consider Conor the champ if the interim belt holder defends his title before him....

Last I checked the GOAT GOAT still has the belt. There are levels and the winner may enter the next level and fight Conor. Conor will check his options though...it's good to have options.

Back