So if Woodley beats till..

hunt12

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Where does that put him all time in WW.. I think that puts him past lawler and Hughes. Or are we racist to think otherwise

Where does that put him all time in WW.. I think that puts him past lawler and Hughes. Or are we racist to think otherwise

Past Lawler, not past Hughes.

I have to see him get past CCC before I make my final judgement.

He would be up there with Hughes imo.

GSP is way ahead though.

Also Woodley needs some really impressive showings. Recently he has been doing the minimum to win.

Hughes has accomplished far more then Woodley at this point. 7 title defences and was as dominant as they come against verry good competition.

Since winning his title Woodley looked mediocre at best. yes he won 2 of his titledefences ( one draw which says enough ) but you surely cant claim he looked like a dominant champion.

Hughes was the best ww of his time. Currently not so sure about Woodley tho. I consider Rory the better fighter.

He's still a few defenses away from catching Hughes in my opinion. Hughes dominated welterweight for five years with 7 defenses and notched up wins against 5 UFC champs. Woodley has ruled welterweight for 2 years with only 3 defences and only 1 former champ.
That's quite a stark difference in resumes.

Has to fight Rory again somehow.

7 title defenses including one of the greatest fights ever having victory over the GOAT GSP(Even though he won the vacant title there) > 3 title defenses including a draw and having some of the worst fight ever

Hughes has accomplished far more then Woodley at this point. 7 title defences and was as dominant as they come against verry good competition.

Since winning his title Woodley looked mediocre at best. yes he won 2 of his titledefences ( one draw which says enough ) but you surely cant claim he looked like a dominant champion.

Hughes was the best ww of his time. Currently not so sure about Woodley tho. I consider Rory the better fighter.

He absolutely looked like a dominant champion against Maia and was clearly the better fighter in both of the Thompson matches. They were boring matches, but it's not pretend they stood a chance of beating him.

Problem is that WW is no longer the division it used to be, and there is no more Rory/Hendricks for Woodley to beat. Till, Colby and Usman are potatoes in comparison. So unless he moves to MW and beats Whittaker I am not sure Woodley can do anything to top his win vs Lawler.

He absolutely looked like a dominant champion against Maia and was clearly the better fighter in both of the Thompson matches. They were boring matches, but it's not pretend they stood a chance of beating him.

Problem is that WW is no longer the division it used to be, and there is no more Rory/Hendricks for Woodley to beat. Till, Colby and Usman are potatoes in comparison. So unless he moves to MW and beats Whittaker I am not sure Woodley can do anything to top his win vs Lawler.
he looked like sh*t against Maia just like Maia looked like sh*t against Woodley. Against Thompson he looked hesitant to pull the trigger aswell hence the first fight being a draw and the second fight him not showing us a dominant performance. Every time he did pull the trigger however Wonderboy was on his butt.

I think every sane mma fan sees the potentional in Woodley. he just has to show it and untill then Hughes was and still is the better champion in my books.

Till shouldn't even be a title challenger. He is completely unproven and has had favorable matchmaking while missing weight and getting gifted his last fight.

Till will be the Dan Hardy on Woodley's title reign.

Racist.???
tenor.gif

Hughes got finished by Dennis Hallman twice lol

If Woodley beats Till, then he's definitely past Hughes. Hughes is 1-2 against Penn and 1-2 against GSP and was a one-dimensional fighter.

Currently it's

1. GSP
2. Hughes
3. Shields
4. Woodley

Woodley jumps two spots if he beats Till decisively

It would be impressive to finish him, but in reality who is Till? Given his performances against Wonderboy I don't really see him near the top 5 all time to be honest.

Back