So if Jeremy Stephens Sleeps aldo Does he jump over Ortega?

BlameTheMedia

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We all know that dana white hates when fighters decide not to take a fight to save a card. Sure it's not the fighter's fault that his opponent missed the fight, but Dana is going to be Dana. Do you think Dana will reward Stephens with a title shot if he manages to KO aldo because of his hatred towards fighters who don't step up?

Was he even offered a fight?

The weigh in is tomorrow morning I kinda doubt they could find anyone this short notice

I can absolutely see that happening. A month or so ago, he just finished making the statement to the extent that he advises any fighter on the roster that if a fight's offered, they should take it. Because of this mishap with Holloway, I definitely see Ortega getting punished.

If Dana is going to fuck anyone over out of sheer pettiness it's probably gonna be Max

I would say yes

Win over Aldo > Frankie ESPECIALLY when Brian turned down a replacement fight

I can absolutely see that happening. A month or so ago, he just finished making the statement to the extent that he advises any fighter on the roster that if a fight's offered, they should take it. Because of this mishap with Holloway, I definitely see Ortega getting punished.

Ortega is a great and exciting fighter but he's not Conor McGregor or even Frankie Edgar yet.

Dude should have taken a fight. He's healthy and trained.

Stephens is not sleeping Aldo. But if he does he definitely jumps Ortega.

Hell no.

Ortega finished two fighters in the top 5 within 3 months. One of which had never been finished.

Ortega is next.

EDIT

I think he jumps over max holloway to be honest....

We have no ETA on max coming back.

Watch them do Interim Ortega Vs Stephens(or Aldo). Or even strip max depending on whats going on with him.
WME folks.

Calling it now

So if Jeremy Stephens Sleeps aldo Does he jump over Ortega?

should he? nope

would he? in this WME era, ANYTHING is possible

Ortega is a great and exciting fighter but he's not Conor McGregor or even Frankie Edgar yet.

Dude should have taken a fight. He's healthy and trained.

I half-way agree with all that. With him not being those guys and jumping over majority of the divisions, if not even skipping to an immediate title shot like Conor or getting 15 title shots like Frankie's got before, Ortega might see it as it being a rare opportunity to get a title shot like this. So I'm assuming this is why he's wanting to hold out.

As much as I'd like to be selfish as a fan and want to see him jump in there with someone else, I can see why he'd want to hold out. Sucks for us viewers, but it's a stacked division and anyone can fall to anyone.

Hope so. why promote and put a guy in a marquee spot when you can't depend on him to not tuck tail and run at the first sign of an issue

Who knows? It wouldn't shock me. This is very much a "what have you done for me lately" sport. If Stephens wins in highlight reel fashion that might get him a leapfrog over Ortega.

I half-way agree with all that. With him not being those guys and jumping over majority of the divisions, if not even skipping to an immediate title shot like Conor or getting 15 title shots like Frankie's got before, Ortega might see it as it being a rare opportunity to get a title shot like this. So I'm assuming this is why he's wanting to hold out.

As much as I'd like to be selfish as a fan and want to see him jump in there with someone else, I can see why he'd want to hold out. Sucks for us viewers, but it's a stacked division and anyone can fall to anyone.

I understand why he would wait too, but he's just some guy and in no position to make any sort of demands.

He should I'm already sick of Ortega ducking & snobbery

Some of you guys are nuts. Ortega trained for Max, he earned a title shot, and you want him to jump in with someone else, risk that shot on like 2 days notice? Because the fight fell out due to zero fault of his? that's nuts. Maybe to save a card there's an argument, but this card is still great, and ME is still intact.

You never know, but in 3 round fight, without cardio issues, i dont think Jeremy wins this one. Aldo is a much better fighter than Jeremy. Anything can happen, but Jeremy has basically a puncher's chance in this fight i think. Wish Aldo would move to LW.

All the top guys in the division are at least recently active, but imo:

Winner of Stephens v Aldo to face Ortega for the interim belt. If Ortega declines, winner v Edgar or whoever else steps up.

I fucking hate interim belts but it’s a good placeholder that guarantees you are next in line for a title shot since #1 contender doesn’t always get it. Also, Max needs to get his health in order so who knows when he’s healthy enough to return. Max is a good fighter and trying to be active so I don’t think talk of stripping is in order

Yet

Probably not because he still has that loss to Max and Ortega is undefeated and it's a fresh matchup. Holloway-Ortega is just too good of a matchup to skip over, they also represent the new era. Stephens gets the winner guaranteed of that fight if he stops Aldo.

Back