So IF George Rush St Pierre was signed by Bellator...

If there was ANY CHANCE of GSP pulling Conor type numbers he'd already have an opponent set for an upcoming UFC event. When GSP retired, even among the hard core fans, there were a lot that were happy that there would be some action in 170 that wasn't a decision machine. I remember the pre-Matt Sera GSP, and if HE were around, there would be no question.
I really can't imagine the casuals care much for GSP. I see his PPV numbers not being that great comparatively.

The ironic thing here is that in the three years while GSP was inactive... only 2 WW title fights didn't end in a decision if I recall correctly. Was almost only 1, but Lawler put MacDonald away in the 5th.

One is realigning their divisions IIRC, moving Askren to 185lbs. Not sure how much longer he'll be there now. He'd get smashed against the UFC's middleweights, so I think it's back to 170 for him. I suspect you'll see him back in Bellator or perhaps even the UFC.

Askren will most likely go wherever GSP isn't. If he ducks him forever, he'll try to pretend like he wanted that fight badly but it never materialized.

Yeah Askren has performed under par since they changed the weight to 185, that lack of explosiveness and power was a floor 15 pounds lighter let alone 185.

I think streaming them both side by side is the only acceptable answer.

And they decided to put GSP on the best stacked Bellator card they can put together with GSP in the main event for an immediate shot at the TITLE on PPV (personally Ben Askren vs GSP would be something i would be really interested in)

Bellator decides to go head to head with a UFC PPV card involving either Conor McGregor or Ronda Rousey in the Main.

Not only which PPV do you think would get the most buys I'm more curious is to which PPV would you likely order?

I'd watch UFC. I'm not paying money to watch Bellator fighters do anything. The production value at Bellator is not at the same level as the UFC is today.

The ironic thing here is that in the three years while GSP was inactive... only 2 WW title fights didn't end in a decision if I recall correctly. Was almost only 1, but Lawler put MacDonald away in the 5th.
Uhhh lemme think here man. Trying to remember. Hendricks beat Lawler first time, lost the second, both decisions. Lawler finished Ellenberger, Rory, and Tyrone finished him, so three finishes in 8 fights, and GSP had 1 finish in his last 9 fights, and that was to B.J. Penn. So, not THAT ironic.

Uhhh lemme think here man. Trying to remember. Hendricks beat Lawler first time, lost the second, both decisions. Lawler finished Ellenberger, Rory, and Tyrone finished him, so three finishes in 8 fights, and GSP had 1 finish in his last 9 fights, and that was to B.J. Penn. So, not THAT ironic.

Again... only 2 WW title fights ended before the final bell in the past 3 years... Lawler/Woodley and Lawler/MacDonald. Lawler wasn't champ when he fought Ellenberger.

Again... only 2 WW title fights ended before the final bell in the past 3 years... Lawler/Woodley and Lawler/MacDonald. Lawler wasn't champ when he fought Ellenberger.
Ahh, good call. OK, how about a lot of fights were interesting wars and weren't some dude laying on another dude for 5 rounds. Repeat. And dudes were actually trying to finish.

Shit. I'll take lawler/Rory fight over the last 7 GSP fights.

Amazing athlete, but stopped being a fighter. IMO.

Conor or Ronda + the UFC name would far outsell a GSP Bellator card.

Hasn't Askren been out of Bellator for years?

And by the way, correct me if I'm wrong (Again) but i believe there have been 5 title fights total since GSP. So, 2 out of 5 is a SHIT ton better average than GSP had in his last 5.

Ahh, good call. OK, how about a lot of fights were interesting wars and weren't some dude laying on another dude for 5 rounds. Repeat. And dudes were actually trying to finish.

Shit. I'll take lawler/Rory fight over the last 7 GSP fights.

Amazing athlete, but stopped being a fighter. IMO.

I never said they weren't good fights, I liked all of them. Except maybe the Lawler/Woodley result, only because, well... I like Lawler and I'm not a fan of Woodley. His hiatus did rejuvenate the WW division for a time.

I also believe that overall... the top 5 WW's are all very closely matched in skill and there's more parity in the WW division now. GSP was clearly and significantly better than everyone else in his title defense run. He fought smart and safe, and risked as little as possible, while taking as little damage as possible. I understand many don't like that style, but he did it effectively. Over the course of his title defenses, in general it seemed as if GSP went from being a big WW, to an average-sized WW despite him being shredded.

Like I've previously said, I remember pre-title GSP. He was hungry, and was always looking for the finish. I'm in favour of him making another UFC run, because I'd love to see if he can be that fighter again. Maybe he can, or maybe Father Time has caught up to him... but the only way to find out is to give him a go.

I never said they weren't good fights, I liked all of them. Except maybe the Lawler/Woodley result, only because, well... I like Lawler and I'm not a fan of Woodley. His hiatus did rejuvenate the WW division for a time.

I also believe that overall... the top 5 WW's are all very closely matched in skill and there's more parity in the WW division now. GSP was clearly and significantly better than everyone else in his title defense run. He fought smart and safe, and risked as little as possible, while taking as little damage as possible. I understand many don't like that style, but he did it effectively. Over the course of his title defenses, in general it seemed as if GSP went from being a big WW, to an average-sized WW despite him being shredded.

Like I've previously said, I remember pre-title GSP. He was hungry, and was always looking for the finish. I'm in favour of him making another UFC run, because I'd love to see if he can be that fighter again. Maybe he can, or maybe Father Time has caught up to him... but the only way to find out is to give him a go.
I too would love to see a hungry GSP who was looking for a finish, and maybe not having the belt would put that fire in him. I remember him fighting Hughes the second time and he was a monster.

He's an amazing fighter, I just think the average fans remember him more for his decisions. Consistent wins are impressive, and he ruled the division, but I don't think people would clamor to see his return as much as they would if he'd left having been finishing dudes, or even been in some epic battles near the end.

GSP/Conor > Rousey

If I have to pick, I'll watch GSP's comeback fight over the other two, but then I would give Conor a priority. I love GSP to death, but his fights aren't as electrifying as Conor's.
GSP is in no way bigger than Ronda Rousey, anybody who thinks GSP does more buys in 2016/17 than Ronda Rousey is bat shit crazy, the casual climate has moved on, people like exciting fighters these days. Come back when GSP gets on Ellen instead of some direct to TV movie.

Askren school any MW except Yoel. WW? Forget about it. He's the conor mcgregor in real life.

GSP is in no way bigger than Ronda Rousey, anybody who thinks GSP does more buys in 2016/17 than Ronda Rousey is bat shit crazy, the casual climate has moved on, people like exciting fighters these days. Come back when GSP gets on Ellen instead of some direct to TV movie.

You mean the Ronda who buried her face in a pillow, tucked tail and ran away from the division.

No chance GSP ever goes on Ellen and whines about being depressed and pondering suicide. World class achievement by Rousey all right. Rousey was exposed when she was KTFO'd, and given her time away from the octagon, I'm sure half of her casual fan base disappeared.

Thanks for joining yesterday though. Makes sense.

And they decided to put GSP on the best stacked Bellator card they can put together with GSP in the main event for an immediate shot at the TITLE on PPV (personally Ben Askren vs GSP would be something i would be really interested in)

Bellator decides to go head to head with a UFC PPV card involving either Conor McGregor or Ronda Rousey in the Main.

Not only which PPV do you think would get the most buys I'm more curious is to which PPV would you likely order?

Still probably UFC merely because of the "UFC" name.

Those were my personal preferences. I fully realize RR > GSP in PPV buys!

You mean the Ronda who buried her face in a pillow, tucked tail and ran away from the division.

No chance GSP ever goes on Ellen and whines about being depressed and pondering suicide. World class achievement by Rousey all right. Rousey was exposed when she was KTFO'd, and given her time away from the octagon, I'm sure half of her casual fan base disappeared.

Thanks for joining yesterday though. Makes sense.
Doesn't matter what she did or didn't do, GSP would go on Ellen if she actually knew who he was. Ronda is a bigger star than GSP, there's no argument to make that it isn't true.

Back