So i just bought a pull up and dip bar

Axx

Orange Belt
Reaction score
And im planning on doing 5 sets of 10 pull ups and 12 dips evey day i wake up. Atleast 5 times a week.

And if it gets too easy im going to the same amount but weighted.

What will my gains be in terms of power and muscle?

I also train about 4-5 tomes a week mma or boxing.. every now and then kickboksing and grappling..

Your gainz will be yuge, brout 350 to be exact bro. Lots of explosovity too.

Will ur mum finally lick my gooch then ?

you'll get beefy arms in about 2 years... depending on your genetics, nutrition, sleep and a ton of other stuff

have you tried doing it at least once tho?

and although this looks like a troll thread I'm gonna drop a word of wisdom on TS:
the worst training program done regularly is better than the best one done occasionally

word.

I hate going to the gym and i prefer own weight excersizes

I started today
5x 12 dips worked but 5x10 did not
10 -10-9-8-8 it went like this but i havent done them in a while so its logical. It should be easy soon. Then im going to add 2.5kg each time i can do it for 3 straight times (5x10 and 5x12) and see when i'll hit my max. I used to dip with 45 kilo and pull up with 20 in the past but those were sets of 5x5

you should have rest days between workouts.
you will only gain significant muscle if you eat a surplus.
your routine will give you strength if you follow the progression but not that much muscle (if you don't eat properly)
you will also gain a good recovery base if you work out that often without overuse injuries or feeling tired.
you will probably get tennis elbow (R.I.C.E. and stretching)
"power" is more of a ballistic kind of "strength" like in olympic weightlifting, if i am correct. so maybe you will gain some power but not
that much.

just guessing.

you will also gain a good recovery base if you work out that often without overuse injuries or feeling tired.

This.

I got it with much lower volume and more rest than what the OP is proposing, but I'm also (probably?) heavier. It takes a LONG time to go away, so I'd really consider easing into the workout you are proposing.

Back