So how about Brad Tavares?

SUBLIME FAN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Still no one is talking about this guy..

He’s been around forever and has quietly put together a super nice win streak at 185 with his last loss being to the champion 3 years ago. I was really impressed with his win over Leites and even more with his win last Saturday over Jotko who is a real tough guy to beat and finish.

What should be next for the Hawaiian? I think he should be thrown into top 10 fights. Not sure where Anders is ranke but I like the sounds of that fight. Or maybe a fight with Uriah Hall.

Thoughts?

He’s fighting Belfort soon.

Uriah Hall sounds good if he stays at MW. I guess Costa has a fight booked? Would’ve been a good scrap.

I remember his tko of Baroni. Phil almost caught that Menne karma, it was getting close.

Anders is unranked and unproven. Shouldn't be fighting anyone ranked next.

Tavares is a good fighter, but i don't think he will ever be top 5 at MW. Too many killers there. Anyway, i'd give Tavares a step up in competition, maybe the loser of Branch-Santos or the loser of Gastelum-Jacare

He's got plenty of skill but not much of an athlete and generally a very low pace and unexciting fighter. He'll probably fight Brunson next. I am far more excited for Shoeface's future.

He’s fighting Belfort soon.

Uriah Hall sounds good if he stays at MW. I guess Costa has a fight booked? Would’ve been a good scrap.
Yeah Hall could be a solid matchup. Tavares beats him imo

I remember his tko of Baroni. Phil almost caught that Menne karma, it was getting close.
I’ll never forget that, that was relatively close to when I first started watching ufc’s and my brother just showed me like the night before the Dave Mennne KO and he went nuts when that happened to Baroni the next night, he kept saying Baroni just got Baroni’d lol

He's got plenty of skill but not much of an athlete and generally a very low pace and unexciting fighter. He'll probably fight Brunson next. I am far more excited for Shoeface's future.
Shoeface looked awesome the other night to. He’s gonna be a contender. Or already is. Beating Boetch is a fairly big deal

He's been around forever and has kind of fell flat when it really matters.

Can't believe that was his first finish since Baroni back in 2011.

Who'd think that a big Island boy striker would be such a decision machine?

Still no one is talking about this guy..

He’s been around forever and has quietly put together a super nice win streak at 185 with his last loss being to the champion 3 years ago. I was really impressed with his win over Leites and even more with his win last Saturday over Jotko who is a real tough guy to beat and finish.

What should be next for the Hawaiian? I think he should be thrown into top 10 fights. Not sure where Anders is ranke but I like the sounds of that fight. Or maybe a fight with Uriah Hall.

Thoughts?
Tavarez has always been better then most, looking unimpressive with his wins and never winning the big fight. I'm not sleepin on him because most of the time he fights I expect him to win I just don't think he can hang with the top guys.

Brad is an above average fighter and we'll see where he stands when he starts fighting the top 5 of his division.

Crazy how unde the radar he's flown for a guy with 16 UFC fights. He definitely deserves a step up though. I say let him fight Brunson.

Brad is an above average fighter and we'll see where he stands when he starts fighting the top 5 of his division.
Well he got dominated by Romero and Whittaker so I don't really like his chances. Solid fighter though who could be top 10.

Tavares vs Adesanya could be a lot of fun.

nobody really talks about him because he always loses whenever he faces an elite of the division, the dude is good but he's just not championship caliber

solid fundamentals and a good chin, but not spectacular and will never compete for a title

Fucken Hawaiians
tavares2.gif

Back