So finally got my new car.(wrx)

kahiljabroni

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I've mentioned several times on here that I was planning on buying a brand new preorder wrx...actually been wanting to for 2 years.
Anyway after all the anticipation and planning i finally picked it up about 3 weeks ago. I got an awesome price on a limited...leather, all the fixings and put 6k down.
Im now coming to the realization that im not loving the car. Biggest beef is its not that fast....i wasn't expecting a vet or hellcat but i was expecting it to put you in the seat when you punch it. It drives great, looks sick, but just doesn't perform that great....not 30k great anyway.
And Yeh i did test drive it twice but i didn't beat the piss out of it and Subaru dealers give you about 3 miles.
Im bummed...considering selling it and taking a loss....modifications are an option but that would void warranty.

Wow, bummer. But are you running the piss out of it before break-in?

You should prob post a pic... Just sayin

Subaru is the way to go. I have a forester and love that warthog.

What kind of 0-60 are we talking about? What were you hoping for?

Im still in the break in so ive only gone to 4k rpms......BUT after months of reading the forums i know that the power levels off at 4500 rpms, even though it redlines near 7. So ive got 200 miles to go but i think ive seen what its made of.

Its 0-60 is about 5 seconds ...but that's with dropping the clutch at 5k rpms....ill try it after breakin but it's not good for trans. In every day type driving though its a dog.

Sucks... but really, how much more power do you need?

WRX is pretty good all around. For that money what are you going to get that's much more ballsy?

You got a WRX STI right? RIGHT? Tell me you left that out of your post by mistake.

I live in the northeast so if i went rwd id have to have a second vehicle or winter. Could have kept my paid off honda for winter and bought a used camaro ss, stang gt, challenger srt8, 370 nismo, etc to drive 8 months a year. If i could go back though id prolly just put new brakes on my honda and rock it another 80k miles.

And no i didn't get the sti and im glad...its another 10k for 30 hp and the reg wrx handles and stops beautifully. Those on the forums who've driven both new models say the power difference isn't even noticeable.

I live in the northeast so if i went rwd id have to have a second vehicle or winter. Could have kept my paid off honda for winter and bought a used camaro ss, stang gt, challenger srt8, 370 nismo, etc to drive 8 months a year. If i could go back though id prolly just put new brakes on my honda and rock it another 80k miles.

And no i didn't get the sti and im glad...its another 10k for 30 hp and the reg wrx handles and stops beautifully. Those on the forums who've driven both new models say the power difference isn't even noticeable.

I'd see what you can squeeze out of the WRX with a tune.

You're getting to 60 in 5 seconds and you think it's slow? 5 seconds is pretty solid for a heavy, non track ready, sedan. Not to mention it's probably got about 225hp.

Give it till you've broken in and can go above 4500 rpm. I have a 2009 wrx and the power just starts to kick in around 4000 rpm after building boost. Driving around below that in a turbo car will feel slow for sure.

I'd see what you can squeeze out of the WRX with a tune.

Well im considering that but it will void the warranty. Do i could spend 3k to make it faster or cut my losses and lose 3k...neither is ideal.

You're getting to 60 in 5 seconds and you think it's slow? 5 seconds is pretty solid for a heavy, non track ready, sedan. Not to mention it's probably got about 225hp.

Its got 268 to the crank but since its awd its got much less to the wheels.

That 0-60 is with beating the piss out of it,...its not really useable power. Nah mean?

Give it till you've broken in and can go above 4500 rpm. I have a 2009 wrx and the power just starts to kick in around 4000 rpm after building boost. Driving around below that in a turbo car will feel slow for sure.

It got a new motor in 15....believe its twin scroll and the turbo kicks in early insteaf of the late surge ur referring to.

So u still have it and find it to be fast?

Well im considering that but it will void the warranty. Do i could spend 3k to make it faster or cut my losses and lose 3k...neither is ideal.

Well, slow ride until the warranty runs out and go ham. I'm guessing 3 year/36k mile warranty?

While I think WRXs are slow anyway I'd wait until you can actually drive the damn thing. It might reach peak power at 4500 but it should hold it until redline. Right now if you are shifting at 4500 you might be reaching peak power but you immediately drop out the powerband when you shift.

I would have kept the old Honda and bought something with an LSx in it but I'm biased.

Back