SO Curved focus mitts

danboxing

Boxing / Boxeo / Pugilato / Boxe / ...
@Yellow
Reaction score
Can anyone share the experience of using focus mitts with sharp curvature ?

it s difficult to find a review ...

"The mitts feature a slightly angled striking surface with a recessed contact target, forming the perfect sweet spot"

"Pre-curved during molding stage for unprecedented punching angles"

Attachments

• proppm_add1_v2.jpg
    proppm_add1_v2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 1
  • proppm_v2.jpg
    proppm_v2.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 1
  • PML-10-White.jpg
    PML-10-White.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 1
  • sspm_1_1.jpg
    sspm_1_1.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 1
I've used those Twins focus mitts, felt fine. Much prefer a curved mitt to a flat mitt personally. Probably worse for catching anything other than punches I'd guess though.

I've tried the ringsides. They are protective but really bulky.

for straight they look great. But i don't know for hooks and uppercuts.

Curved seem to "catch" the shot better, make sure they cushion the shots decently.

A domed interior for your hand, and a wrist wedge is essential if you plan on putting in alot of mitt work.

I use Naja (brazilian) curved focus mits. Other than being a bit too small while also using handwraps, they are great.

Catch punches real nicely.

manopla-luva-foco-naja-extreme.jpg

I use Naja (brazilian) curved focus mits. Other than being a bit too small while also using handwraps, they are great.

Catch punches real nicely.

the only brazilian gear brand acceptable (middle level) is venum. If you buy in US or Europe.

the only brazilian gear brand acceptable (middle level) is venum. If you buy in US or Europe.

Why should I spend Venum price for focus mitts? It's twice the price here in Brasil... Naja is cheap.

I save my money for good gloves.

Venum is french, not brazilian, by the way :)

Last edited:
Why should I spend Venum price for focus mitts? It's twice the price here in Brasil... Naja is cheap.

I save my money for good gloves.

Venum is french, not brazilian, by the way :)

French <6>, I thought it was brazilian.

Back