So Arthur Jones, Jon Jones' brother, just got popped for PEDs...

3251_1000.jpg

Looks like it, eh?

Also, I fuckin love this guy. What a difference from the previous 8. Politics aside, that is SICK!
lol politics aside, can't hate on Barry O.

I said I would, chill.

I think it just hits me deeper when someone with means doesn't take care of their health when it makes it so much easier than without means. I'm gonna let the thread carry on without this sub-convo once again.

You have no idea what steps the family took. It was a very silly uninformed post. I take it at this point you weren't trolling just uninformed

Can we go ahead and start accusing Chandler Jones right now or do we have to wait?

The family that roids together stays together.

Nah, Bellichek gave him the 411, no way he makes the same mistake as his bros.
But he is a Cardinal now, so I guess it is possible.

Can we go ahead and start accusing Chandler Jones right now or do we have to wait?

The family that roids together stays together.

You mean the guy that OD'd and was freaking out buck naked in the police station the weekend before the Superbowl?

I'm not your man, guy. You stated that losing a quarter of his annual salary would not affect Arthur Jones' livelihood nor his pocketbook. Anyone who has ever drawn up an annual budget for anything knows this is bullshit.

Your "arguments" amount to inferring that rich people have so much money they wouldn't even notice if a million here or there were missing. There are a few rich people who think like that and all of them end up broke. Ask MC Hammer.
Why you gotta be a dick MAN, lol? I was just trying to be friendly while destroying your simple opinion.

The rest of what you're saying amounts to jack shit and is absolute nonsense. You're comparing someone, on average, losing all their scrub pay for 2 years to someone who may have to budget because they lost a months pay only because they are bad with money and they counted chickens before they hatched. This is common sense that seems to evade you...... A man that loses an entire 2 years of pay IS DEFINITELY NOT equal to a months salary that dwarfs the 2 year salary.

Normal people budget, NFL players don't......
th

Why you gotta be a dick MAN, lol? I was just trying to be friendly while destroying your simple opinion.

The rest of what you're saying amounts to jack shit and is absolute nonsense. You're comparing someone, on average, losing all their scrub pay for 2 years to someone who may have to budget because they lost a months pay only because they are bad with money and they counted chickens before they hatched. This is common sense that seems to evade you...... A man that loses an entire 2 years of pay IS DEFINITELY NOT equal to a months salary that dwarfs the 2 year salary.

Normal people budget, NFL players don't......
th

Insults aside, I think you failed to understand any of my replies to your comments. I was taking issue with Arthur Jones' penalty in isolation, as its own issue, not as a comparison to Jon or another MMA fighter.

Contrary to your assertion, almost everyone who is fined a quarter of their annual salary will be heavily financially affected. While MMA fighters are hit with truly draconian penalties, the penalties assessed by the NFL are no joke. Jones just lost a minimum of $500K and probably much more.

Insults aside, I think you failed to understand any of my replies to your comments. I was taking issue with Arthur Jones' penalty in isolation, as its own issue, not as a comparison to Jon or another MMA fighter.

Contrary to your assertion, almost everyone who is fined a quarter of their annual salary will be heavily financially affected. While MMA fighters are hit with truly draconian penalties, the penalties assessed by the NFL are no joke. Jones just lost a minimum of $500K and probably much more.
My whole point is the comparison so I don't know what your argument was. Of course a quarter of a mans salary is effective but it is definitely not the same as a deleted 2 year salary. It isn't even close to the same!

Jones lost a bit of money but he isn't in the dog house like the average(comparable to him) fighter is.

My whole point is the comparison so I don't know what your argument was. Of course a quarter of a mans salary is effective but it is definitely not the same as a deleted 2 year salary. It isn't even close to the same!

Jones lost a bit of money but he isn't in the dog house like the average(comparable to him) fighter is.

You previously claimed that a quarter of his annual salary was no big deal to Arthur Jones. That is what I was arguing against.

You previously claimed that a quarter of his annual salary was no big deal to Arthur Jones. That is what I was arguing against.
My whole point was that a quarter of 1 years salary is not equivalent to 2 entire years worth of salary, especially when when Arthur Jones makes more in that quarter year then most mma fighters do in 2. And in reality, it's not a big deal. He will still make an enormous amount of money while an mma fighter busted for the same thing can't feed his family for 2 years.

My whole point was that a quarter of 1 years salary is not equivalent to 2 entire years worth of salary, especially when when Arthur Jones makes more in that quarter year then most mma fighters do in 2. And in reality, it's not a big deal. He will still make an enormous amount of money while an mma fighter busted for the same thing can't feed his family for 2 years.

No. That wasn't your entire point. It may have been your main point, but it's not what I was responding to. I made that clear in a half dozen comments. Since it seems we are miscommunicating, let me attempt to clarify.

You said:
A month long suspension to an NFL player could in fact equal millions, but doesn't hurt their pockets or livelihood in reality. However, a 2 year ban from the UFC will break the vast majority of fighters without question.

Your main point, as you have repeatedly stated, is highlighted in orange. I cheerfully concede this point. My argument with you, as I have repeatedly stated, has been that your statement highlighted in blue is rubbish. Even if one thinks MMA fighters are getting hurt worse, and on that we agree, it doesn't follow logically that a half million dollar penalty (minimum) doesn't affect a mid level NFL player's budget or pocketbook.

No. That wasn't your entire point. It may have been your main point, but it's not what I was responding to. I made that clear in a half dozen comments. Since it seems we are miscommunicating, let me attempt to clarify.

You said:

Your main point, as you have repeatedly stated, is highlighted in orange. I cheerfully concede this point. My argument with you, as I have repeatedly stated, has been that your statement highlighted in blue is rubbish. Even if one thinks MMA fighters are getting hurt worse, and on that we agree, it doesn't follow logically that a half million dollar penalty (minimum) doesn't affect a mid level NFL player's budget or pocketbook.
In America "doesn't hurt pockets" is a frequently used expression by damn near everyone. Maybe that's where we got lost. Obviously losing any money at all would hurt anyone's pockets.

I lost a hundred bucks that I stashed one night when I was drunk for whatever drunken reasoning that I applied that night. It doesn't hurt my pockets because it's not a lot of money to me, but it really did. It's a figurative statement, not a 100% literal one. I think we were lost in translation here.....

Back