Smith and Wesson M&P 2.0

Ashton

Allez Cuisine!
@purple
Reaction score
S&W unveiled an upgraded version of the M&P today, looks to be fitted with a suite of improvements.

http://kitup.military.com/2017/01/mp-m2-0.html

"The new M&P M2.0 pistol features a “fine-tuned, crisper trigger pull that has a tactile and audible reset,” a feature many users of the original design have longed for over the last decade. One of the key criticisms of the M&P’s trigger is that it’s much more difficult to sense it reset compared to the Glock trigger.

Smith & Wesson’s newest striker-fire, semi-automatic polymer pistol includes an aggressively-textured grip and four interchangeable palm swell inserts for optimal hand-fit and trigger reach."

MSRP $599

Looks nice. Wish they would have done this like a year ago. We just swapped our duty guns to M&P's...

Definitely intrigued more in the M&P now.

I hope they get going on the C.O.R.E/Pro series quickly.

I wonder if they just outfitted the old pro series trigger on the 2.0 because the pro series trigger is pretty good.

Sadly, since I live in California I'll never get a chance to own one of these (unless I fly down to Texas and take advantage of my residency there, or if the roster requirements in CA change). I'll wait for reviews before deciding if the added cost of a plane ticket is worth it.

Sadly, since I live in California I'll never get a chance to own one of these (unless I fly down to Texas and take advantage of my residency there, or if the roster requirements in CA change). I'll wait for reviews before deciding if the added cost of a plane ticket is worth it.

Do you even gunshow loophole bro? ;):D

I have 2 M&P's with Apex triggers and I love them

I recently sent my shield frame to Lightfighter innovations for stippling. The dude is an artist and I highly recommend his service although turn around time has been slower then expected

Sent my slide out to Innovative Gunfighter Solutions (recommended by Lightfighter) for added cerrations and porting.

Hope to have it all back in my hands any day now

I tried really hard to like the M&P's because it's one of the few striker fired models you can easily get in MA, but I could never get over the trigger. I might have to take another look at it now.

I have 2 M&P's with Apex triggers and I love them

I recently sent my shield frame to Lightfighter innovations for stippling. The dude is an artist and I highly recommend his service although turn around time has been slower then expected

Sent my slide out to Innovative Gunfighter Solutions (recommended by Lightfighter) for added cerrations and porting.

Hope to have it all back in my hands any day now

How light can you get those apex triggers. I'm looking to get a performance shop C.O.R.E, do a delta point, apex. Would love around 2.5# trigger.

Now the 2.0 is released I'll probably hold off on those plans in hopes for a 2.0 performance shop.

How light can you get those apex triggers. I'm looking to get a performance shop C.O.R.E, do a delta point, apex. Would love around 2.5# trigger.

Now the 2.0 is released I'll probably hold off on those plans in hopes for a 2.0 performance shop.
I have the duty carry version which I believe is about 5lbs but I did not measure it. The offer a lighter version also but I don't think it gets that light

Not sure how comfortable I would be with a pistol that has a less than 4lb trigger pull on it.

Not sure how comfortable I would be with a pistol that has a less than 4lb trigger pull on it.

It's not for carry. Purely range fun.

4375dffc325726f17339d9a903858e3a_zps4576b161.jpg

Something like this with a 2-2.5# would be awesome

A side note, Apex is in AZ now, they just moved from California.

Anyone know of a barrel upgrade for the S&W shield .40?

Lots of 9mm barrels but can't find a single one in .40

Pretty strong showing from the M&P 2.0

Back