Small Screen Nostalgia Grab

Teppodama

A Dude, playing a Dude, disquised as another Dude
@Silver
Reaction score
So, it seems that much like the silver screen has seen many a reboot of older fan favorites and money making stories its time for TV to jump into the fray with both feet.

1. X-Files - Can't argue with this one. Was a good show and it's really just been a continuation rather than a complete redo with a new cast.
2. The Greatest American Hero - ABC - Upcoming
3. Magnum P.I. - CBS - Upcoming
4. Cagney and Lacey - CBS - Upcoming
5. Murphy Brown - CBS - Upcoming
6. Hawaii Five-O - Actually not a bad show.
7. Will and Grace - Haven't seen any of the new episodes but assume it's much like X-Files in that it's just a continuation of the existing show. - NBC
8. Charmed - CW - Upcoming
9. Roseanne - ABC - Upcoming
10. Dynasty - CW (Reboot bombed)
11. MacGyver - CBS

So, if that's the direction what favorite series would you love to see continued, rebooted, etc...

1. Farscape - Not sure if I would want a complete redo or just a continuation of the existing series
2. Castle - Would have to be a continuation of the existing series. I can't see anyone else playing Castle than Fillon.
3. Mash - Updated for a more current "war"
4. China Beach - Update for a more current "war"

Last edited:
i hope they dont do Xena the warrior princess or Buffy, i watch the reruns and still holds up, specially Xena

i hope they dont do Xena the warrior princess or Buffy, i watch the reruns and still holds up, specially Xena
I really can't see them doing Buffy, but possibly Xena

Remake of Game of Thrones season 5-7 would be good!

Twilight Zone. I think this has the best chance of actually being a half way decent show and not a total pile like 99% of reboots/continuations/remakes.

I can only think of 2 shows that haven’t been awful when restarted. Futurama and X-Files. And I was a total fanboy of X-files in the 90s so maybe the new ones are awful and I’m blind to it.

If they can screw up the goat comedy show(Arrested Development) by continuing it, then I have little faith they can restart a lesser show and have it be good.

Twilight Zone. I think this has the best chance of actually being a half way decent show and not a total pile like 99% of reboots/continuations/remakes.

I can only think of 2 shows that haven’t been awful when restarted. Futurama and X-Files. And I was a total fanboy of X-files in the 90s so maybe the new ones are awful and I’m blind to it.

If they can screw up the goat comedy show(Arrested Development) by continuing it, then I have little faith they can restart a lesser show and have it be good.
Twilight Zone would be cool.

So, if that's the direction what favorite series would you love to see continued, rebooted, etc...

1. Farscape - Not sure if I would want a complete redo or just a continuation of the existing series
2. Castle - Would have to be a continuation of the existing series. I can't see anyone else playing Castle than Fillon.
3. Mash - Updated for a more current "war"
4. China Beach - Update for a more current "war"
Not sure if this is only regarding network television, but Deadwood is my choice.

Not sure if this is only regarding network television, but Deadwood is my choice.
No, not just network television. In the same vein I would love to see them pick up Carnivale again.

Highlander
The original movie is getting a reboot, not sure if any of the background will be significantly changed from the original. If it's successful, I could see them picking up a series based off the new movie.

Back