Sliding Side-Kick mini tutorial (Sherdog exclusive) plus another bag-hitting session

Kyryllo

Kia kaha e hine!
@Black
Reaction score
There have been some requests regarding a front leg side-kick. This is not a full tutorial of the entire kick, but of the most crucial part - the actual sliding motion. You should understand how a side kick works before trying this ;)

Here´s another session, 4th since my 'come back' to be precise. Mostly punching, cause I decided to do the session after a deadlift work out (not the best idea, I´ll stick to warm ups on the bag from now on). I tried to throw the jab more often in this one, still feels quite awkward X)

There have been some requests regarding a front leg side-kick. This is not a full tutorial of the entire kick, but of the most crucial part - the actual sliding motion. You should understand how a side kick works before trying this ;)

Here´s another session, 4th since my 'come back' to be precise. Mostly punching, cause I decided to do the session after a deadlift work out (not the best idea, I´ll stick to warm ups on the bag from now on). I tried to throw the jab more often in this one, still feels quite awkward X)

Spacetime will be along shortly, to critique your technical abilities..........

Hooping side teep....;)

I'm glad to see your back to your old tricks. Your tutorials were always the best.

This one will be good for me because I do a stepping side teep quite a bit, and I have a gut feeling my sliding motion could be better

Spacetime will be along shortly, to critique your technical abilities..........
I've been subconsciously avoiding the Standup Forum ever since he's become rampant around here.

Vid 1: I don't get this kick. You stand sideways after the action. Recipe for disaster
Vid 2 : heavy on the front leg. Easy right lowkick every ime you step in

the guy was smooth. definitely one of my all time favourites.

He was very different for his day, only a handful of Nak Muay have their own have such individual style...... isn't it funny that a lot of fighters that are remembered are not just successful but offer something different.........

He was very different for his day, only a handful of Nak Muay have their own have such individual style...... isn't it funny that a lot of fighters that are remembered are not just successful but offer something different.........
i have have always been more of a punching fan and favour the better punchers in muay thai. he is also one of the few i have seem make head movement look good in MT.

Vid 1: I don't get this kick. You stand sideways after the action. Recipe for disaster
Vid 2 : heavy on the front leg. Easy right lowkick every ime you step in

1 - it's a fairly proven kick, it's the go to for southpaw thais and sanshou fighters

2 - he's old :p by this point I don't think it matters

Back