Skinny/normal physique, yet bloated/fat belly

Niels

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know this might not be the right forum, but feel free to place it somewhere else.

I’ve been lifting for about 2 months now and got more aware of my body. I noticed my belly looks bloated/fat when i look at it in the mirror from the side. It’s alright when i stand up very straight, when i flex and also when i haven’t eaten anything yet (in the morning).

I know i’m not fat since i weigh about 66,5 kg/ 146,6 lbs at 178 cm/ 5’10 (i’m not that muscular yet, but i wouldn’t say i have the soft skinny-fat physique)

My electronic scale (which i know isn’t that accurate apparently) says i’m at 11-12% BF

So how do you think i can make my stomach to look better? Get more developed abdominal muscles?

You stand 5’10 and weigh 147lbs ?
I’m your height and weigh 178lbs and feel thin. I’d suggest build up your upper body. Push ups and some dumbbell work will help fill you out.

You stand 5’10 and weigh 147lbs ?
I’m your height and weigh 178lbs and feel thin. I’d suggest build up your upper body. Push ups and some dumbbell work will help fill you out.
As i said i started lifting about 2 months ago

4 days in the week for about 45-60 minutes per training

Develop more hypertrophy in the abdominal region. And everywhere else. Cut if necessary after.

Aim for muscle growth and maintain a good diet. It's hard for me to imagine someone your size with a belly but you might just focus on it and maybe building some upper body muscle will make you look more proportionate. And be patient, eventually you'll start looking good if you're consistent with it.

We are similarly sized. Fat distribution is genetic. All you can do is make your upper body more proportional, and try to isolate the abs more often. When you gain some more upper body mass it will look more normal. It could also be you just have proportionately large abs.

maybe you have weak abdominal muscles and your gut sticks out

before starting to work out were you sedentary?

maybe you have weak abdominal muscles and your gut sticks out

before starting to work out were you sedentary?
I stopped kickboxing for a year, then started running and now started lifting, so yeah i was sedentary for a while

Its genetics bro. My dad and i have the same issue. Our bellys are big unless we are at super low body fat. It is the last thing to go. No fat goes to our arms, thighs, or butts. I could weigh 300+ and my arms would still be 18 inches But my belly would look like i was pregnant with triplets.

It sucks because when i bulk it looks stupid. No change in any thing else but my belly.

Its genetics bro. My dad and i have the same issue. Our bellys are big unless we are at super low body fat. It is the last thing to go. No fat goes to our arms, thighs, or butts. I could weigh 300+ and my arms would still be 18 inches But my belly would look like i was pregnant with triplets.

It sucks because when i bulk it looks stupid. No change in any thing else but my belly.
The only soft part on my whole body is my underbelly and it doesn’t have a whole lot of fat so it’s not that

Then i duno whatcha be talkin about Willis. Pics would help.
I posted this in the diet/food section aswell (sorry) and somebody replied with that it’s Anterior pelvic tilt, i think it’s a combination of this and bloating (since i definitely have ATP, didn’t know this was a thing before)

Do you eat a lot of salt or carbs?

Those cause water retention. Outside of that, it's genetics

Another thing could be if you're doing crunches. That can push your gut out further. Try planks instead

Nothing should be said until you post a picture.

You can be 147 lbs and still have a lot of bodyfat.

I'm suffering from the same issue as you TS. It happens when you get older ( I am 32 and similar build. )

My diet is pretty 'clean' but my sched has me doing 80% of my eating at NIGHT which is probably a terrible idea. I run about 2 - 3 miles every other day, bodyweight work daily as well as boxing and the stomach is starting to go down.

Girlfriend told me that the only I didn't have the belly was while training for a smoker fwiw

I'm suffering from the same issue as you TS. It happens when you get older ( I am 32 and similar build. )

My diet is pretty 'clean' but my sched has me doing 80% of my eating at NIGHT which is probably a terrible idea. I run about 2 - 3 miles every other day, bodyweight work daily as well as boxing and the stomach is starting to go down.

Girlfriend told me that the only I didn't have the belly was while training for a smoker fwiw
I’m 18...

Back