Sitting at the nerd table with Bubble Boy and crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I will wear the vagina hat....however this one is not my fault. Wife had to work late and won't be home so I thought about leaving my kid home to fend for herself (3 year olds are survivors) but then I thought that might not be the best idea.

So Sunday I am game.....maybe tonight if the wife gets home in enough time.

BJJ

Yeah, I'm gonna' say it was a brazilian jiu-jitsu night more than a judo night tonight.
Started out with some uchikomi lite. I'm starting to not be the biggest fan of uchikomi. I think I'd rather just THROW...
any old who
We then finally rolled for a while. It was a short workout all in all, but a solid one. Some things are clicking a little. Taking my lead from Skippy. Working on sitting back into the guard or half-guard from a failed single or double shoot. Also working on guard recovery (again, basically sitting back into the guard) instead of just turtling up. Thanks SKIPPY!!!

ordean said:
Ok I will wear the vagina hat....however this one is not my fault. Wife had to work late and won't be home so I thought about leaving my kid home to fend for herself (3 year olds are survivors) but then I thought that might not be the best idea.

LMAO dude!

You know my daughters might be able to babysit her on the sidelines...
If you want call me before you're going to head in to the club and I'll let you know if the girls are going to be there.

BTW, you missed a good night tonight. Check it out:

caulimickey.jpg

Bubble Boy said:
LMAO dude!

If you want call me before you're going to head in to the club and I'll let you know if the girls are going to be there.

BTW, you missed a good night tonight. Check it out:

caulimickey.jpg

BJJ

Yeah, I'm gonna' say it was a brazilian jiu-jitsu night more than a judo night tonight.
Started out with some uchikomi lite. I'm starting to not be the biggest fan of uchikomi. I think I'd rather just THROW...
any old who
We then finally rolled for a while. It was a short workout all in all, but a solid one. Some things are clicking a little. Taking my lead from Skippy. Working on sitting back into the guard or half-guard from a failed single or double shoot. Also working on guard recovery (again, basically sitting back into the guard) instead of just turtling up. Thanks SKIPPY!!!
yeah all turtling up does it get u choked out....good work out see u sunday

Bubble Boy said:

Don't have the elusive BB's digits....used to but then you went underground....

Yea I thought about bringing her but then wasn't sure if you would have your offspring there. Anyway I got some much needed rest so thats good. I'll bring my Sirius satellite radio on Sunday so we can rock out to tunage while ya'll pummel me.

01-05-2007

Pull

Dead lift: Warmup with bar (with snatching and cleaning), 135 x 5, 185 x 6, 205 x 6, 225 x 6, 135 x 12
Good mornings: 65 x 12, 12, 12
BORs: 65 x 12, 12, 12
Some bb shrug things with 135.
Some pullups here and there.

01-06-2007

Push

Bench: bar warm up, 135 x 10, 185 x 2, 200 x 1, 135 x 12, 155 x 5, 155 x 5
OHP: 45 x 12, 95 x 4, 95 x 4, 95 x 4
Tate Press: 25x 12, 30 x 8, 35 x 6
Back to work...

Only have about 40 minutes to get these workouts in, and it sometimes doesn't feel like it's enough. Need to work in grip work and abs somewhere...
Also should probably start doing yoga, since it's in my thread title.

HANS: What do you think about doing kick boxing this Sunday? I know you have some equipment, and there's plenty of mats and pads laying around to practice some thai kicks. I saw you and Barret do some combos, drop to sprawl, back up. Stuff like that. Let me know what you think. I think ADHD (Eric) will be there finally.

Bubble Boy said:
01-06-2007

Push

Back to work...

Only have about 40 minutes to get these workouts in, and it sometimes doesn't feel like it's enough. Need to work in grip work and abs somewhere...

HANS: What do you think about doing kick boxing this Sunday? I know you have some equipment, and there's plenty of mats and pads laying around to practice some thai kicks. I saw you and Barret do some combos, drop to sprawl, back up. Stuff like that. Let me know what you think. I think ADHD (Eric) will be there finally.

I think I have some boxing gloves..... I'll take a look. I think I have headgear and shinpads too.

Bubble Boy said:
01-06-2007

Push

Back to work...

sounds good lets do it , i have 3 pairs of gloves , mits etc i will bring them i also have head gear for u old guys,lol

ordean said:
I think I have some boxing gloves..... I'll take a look. I think I have headgear and shinpads too.
bring ur sirus radio thing

Ordean, I thought you said you weren't going to be there this Sunday? Cool!
I'll hammer on '8 to 80' (that would be Eric, the name we gave him out at the park for the age range of the women he's willing to screw) a little more today and see if I can break him down and get him down there. You can pick on someone your own size then. :icon_chee
Let me know if you're bringing the rugrat, and if so, I'll bring at least one of mine.
I'll bring my Blue Oyster Cult vinyl for your record player thing... so tough to keep up with you kids today on this music technology.

Bubble Boy said:

best nickname ever.

I didn't realize you were 41. Why do I always get picked on for being the old man?

fat_wilhelm said:
best nickname ever.

I didn't realize you were 41. Why do I always get picked on for being the old man?

Yeah, 8 to 80 is actually the guy who gave me the nick "Bubble Boy" years ago for being sick, snotty nosed, and injured all the time. I hear it all the time at my work, from the wife and kids, the cashier at the grocery store, etc.
There's another guy at my work who has the most amazingly huge (tall) forehead you've ever seen. So he's named 'Easter Island'. :icon_chee
We're working on a name for Hans if you got anything...
It's just not a true friendship if you can't get an appropriate nickmame to stick on your buddy.

Me, old? Dude, I'm old as dirt and...hold on a second...

*yells at kids to turn the damn rap music down*

...what was I saying? Oh yeah, back in 1973 I used to...

*drives off to the Senior Discount day at Wal-Mart with left turn signal blinking the whole way*

I SAID I HAVEN'T HAD AN ERECTION IN 6 YEARS, HOW ABOUT YOU?

*adjusts pants up past belly button where they belong*

*shuffles around a bit*

*farts*

*farts*

*farts again*

*sharts*

*doesn't give a fuck*

I LIKE THE SPORTS SECTION AND BEERS, TOO. WE HAVE A LOT IN COMMON.

i find it amusing when bubbleboy uses peoples screen names when we are at the Judo club, "so yeah Ordean isnt going to make it tonight"... Gotta keep reminding him we are not in a forum but rather in actualy reality setting. lol
damn old people

Hans Burnett said:
i find it amusing when bubbleboy uses peoples screen names when we are at the Judo club, "so yeah Ordean isnt going to make it tonight"... Gotta keep reminding him we are not in a forum but rather in actualy reality setting. lol
damn old people

Yeah, sometimes it just all blends together...oldtimers disease sucks :redface:

Just popped in to say hullo after the break. My 3 weeks of holidays were spent digging holes, laying bricks, tearing down/putting up fences and painting in a backyard renovation. It is still not finished, but a great deal of the real hard work is done.

I DID find some time do do some wrestling (learned to shoot with a penetration entry), muay thai (learned some nice combos and had a good explaination about how to improve my MT round kicks) and BJJ (learned a good guard pass where they have their feet hooked in & you neutralise it & get past).

I rolled with a bunch of blues and purples - the only person that tapped me was a 4-stripe white with long legs and an excellent guard game (caught me with a triangle). I tapped the blues quite easily but gave my back to the purple and spent the next 3 minutes fighting off the sub & trying to get back to guard from the turtle.

Belated but... wishing you an injury free and productive training year. Kick ass BB.....

ill be a few minutes late tonight but i will deffinetly be there, im stuck going to a movie w my gf right now, it gets out at 705pm im coming straight to class after ill be in about 715pm the movies in cottonwood:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back