Since Ward doesn't seem to do the whole comeback thing ...

Dont see it happening now, sadly. I hoped for one more go around.

That said, he deserves his health and retirement so good for him.
I'm honestly glad he isn't. Ward is the kind of guy that would come back for a challenge. He'd probably beat Bivol, assuming he was in shape and sticking to 175. I don't think he'd beat Usyk though, and it's nice to see an ATG retire with his hard earned 0 and in good physical condition.

I'm honestly glad he isn't. Ward is the kind of guy that would come back for a challenge. He'd probably beat Bivol, assuming he was in shape and sticking to 175. I don't think he'd beat Usyk though, and it's nice to see an ATG retire with his hard earned 0 and in good physical condition.
I used to want to see him fight Usyk, now Im glad he didnt lol.

I used to want to see him fight Usyk, now Im glad he didnt lol.
lol I feel you. Usyk, Gassiev, Briedis are prolly gonna be a bridge too far. I could see Ward coming back and spanking the LHw division though if he's still in good shape and not rusty. Though tbh I kind hope he doesn't because I want to see Bivol become king.

lol I feel you. Usyk, Gassiev, Briedis are prolly gonna be a bridge too far. I could see Ward coming back and spanking the LHw division though if he's still in good shape and not rusty. Though tbh I kind hope he doesn't because I want to see Bivol become king.
Yup on all accounts.

He has been in the gym sparring during retirement. He says he has to stay in shape "just in case".

If you are considered an all time great than that means you are basically competing for GOAT of that weight class, and I dont think hes GOAT material, maybe at 168
Not enough great wins tho.

Which weight class are you saying hes an all time great in?
168 or 175
So if somebody wins the belt in 10 different weight classes but doesn't do enough to be considered the GOAT in any weight class in particular, he's not an all-time great in your eyes?

Back