Shoyoroll Batch 8- The White Mamba Detailed Review

I know what you're saying, but it took me buying an A1 SYR to work out that I was actually an A0. My batch 4 A1 fits pretty good, but the batch 6s were a bit bigger. And here's the size chart for the Yank.

Size Height Weight
A00 4

The bad bit...
Ok earlier I mentioned the craftsmanship or construction of the gi, this is something I’m pretty disappointed in. After seeing gis from brands which you could inspect with a magnifying glass I expected something similar if not better from shoyoroll, however this was not to be. The problem is limited to the jacket and more specifically the stitching which is best described as uneven and messy with many loose threads. It looks rushed which is surprising considering it took 5 months to get here. Rather than looking like a high end “fine cut kimono” it almost looks like a cheaply made gi with nice patches, if the stitching was not in contrast to the rest it would not be a problem but the fact it stands out so boldly means it is. I have inspected several other gi and not noticed the likes of this before. Although I’m sure this is mainly cosmetic it is still disappointing, i will probably drop Vince a line and see what they think about the stitching as maybe it’s just me.

Uneven and messy sleeve stitching
dodgystitching.jpg

Uneven and very messy back stitching
Backstitching.jpg

Wonky taping check out more at Cardailytips.Com
dodgytaping.jpg

Conclusion

Solid styling and colour way
Super light
Tapered fit
Exclusive
Questionable craftsmanship

I will follow up in a few weeks on shrinkage, performance and how its holding up.
I need the collective's help. I'm looking for an embroidered patch of an MGB GT, preferably an RB BGT. I've looked everywhere, MGB roadster patches are common but not ones of the GT.

This is for a Christmas present for my amazing wife.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back