Showtime's Espinoza: There's One Network Committed to Boxing

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
NEW YORK – Stephen Espinoza made it perfectly clear he feels Showtime has surpassed HBO as the premier provider of boxing programming on premium cable.

Espinoza, the executive vice president and general manager for Showtime Sports, made that statement as part of a response to a question about Anthony Joshua-Wladimir Klitschko being a joint television venture with HBO. It was posed during the Shawn Porter-Andre Berto post-fight press conference early Sunday morning at Barclays Center. “To be completely candid, I do think it’s easier now [to work together] because there’s really one network that is committed to the sport,” Espinoza said. “If we look at the output, the resources, the commitment to the sport, there’s no question that Showtime is putting far more into the sport than any other network. So the reality is, I think where the important fights are happening are on Showtime.

I think the fighters see that, the managers see that. I think you guys, as the media, see that.” - See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/showtime...committed-boxing--115938#sthash.mKEBnCjs.dpuf

Back