Should Wonder get another title shot after he beats a natural HW?

Soul On Ice

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Would be a quick turn around because Woodley wants to fight in august but I don't think it's a problem since Wonder will likely not take much damage en route to victory.

Trilogy of the century

Would be a quick turn around because Woodley wants to fight in august but I don't think it's a problem since Wonder will likely not take much damage en route to victory.

Trilogy of the century
He's a LHW fighting at WW and there's not a fucking thing you can do about it, you bum.

He deserves a shot at Stipe if he beats Till.

Great. So I can pick him to beat Woodley a 3rd time. :(

I don’t wanna see him fight Woodley again. He had two shots and blew them both. Woodley proved he has Wonderboy’s number. That’s actually why I hate this fight. I would rather see Woodley fight Till, or anyone besides Wonderboy....

In all seriousness, winner of this fight should fight Usman. Winner of that fight gets a title shot.

Winner of RDA/Covington deserve the next title shot.

He deserves a shot at Stipe if he beats Till.

Hahahaha

7SPi.gif

Dana is not making that fight again. Thompson needs to call out GSP if he wins. Two of the most capable karate-based fighters in mma history would be huge. kyokushin vs kempo
book it

Woodley proved he has Wonderboy’s number.

I can understand being frustrated with WB but this is the kind of BS I have problem with. How did he prove he has Wonderboy's number? Both fights could have gone either way.

For me a statement like "X got Y's number" requires X complemetely dominating Y in every way

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/7832/Tyron-Woodley-vs-Stephen-Thompson

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/7464/Tyron-Woodley-vs-Stephen-Thompson

I can understand being frustrated with WB but this is the kind of BS I have problem with. How did he prove he has Wonderboy's number? Both fights could have gone either way.

For me a statement like "X got Y's number" requires X complemetely dominating Y in every way

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/7832/Tyron-Woodley-vs-Stephen-Thompson

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/7464/Tyron-Woodley-vs-Stephen-Thompson

I didn’t feel like Wonderboy was ever close to doing anything. Woodley was never in danger or even slightly uncomfortable it seemed. He controlled both fights and hurt Wonderboy pretty badly. I see what you mean though that he didn’t stop him, and some of the rounds were close . If you wanna see a third fight, I can’t argue with that, I just would rather see new blood in there.

I didn’t feel like Wonderboy was ever close to doing anything. Woodley was never in danger or even slightly uncomfortable it seemed. He controlled both fights and hurt Wonderboy pretty badly. I see what you mean though that he didn’t stop him, and some of the rounds were close . If you wanna see a third fight, I can’t argue with that, I just would rather see new blood in there.

Yeah but I mean you say "he controlled both fights" like he had the edge in every minute every round of 50 minutes of total fight time. He did not, Wonderboy had the slight edge in a lot of rounds despite not seriously hurting Wood, hence why close score cards..

Dana is not making that fight again. Thompson needs to call out GSP if he wins. Two of the most capable karate-based fighters in mma history would be huge. kyokushin vs kempo
book it

They are friends I don’t think they would fight each other even if it was for a belt

Would be sick tho

Yeah but I mean you say "he controlled both fights" like he had the edge in every minute every round of 50 minutes of total fight time. He did not, Wonderboy had the slight edge in a lot of rounds despite not seriously hurting Wood, hence why close score cards..

Yes, you are right. The rounds Wonderboy won though were typically edged out barely. Woodley had Wonderboy in all sorts of shit. Wonderboy could not get out from under him in that first round. He got really hurt with punches, and he was in a super tight guillotine. Woodley had nothing like that occur. The rounds he lost, he was simply out pointed slightly. Never hurt, never in any danger. If Wonderboy fought the perfect fight, I can see him winning - but he had two cracks already. There are other interesting matchups out there for me at least...

They are friends I don’t think they would fight each other even if it was for a belt

Would be sick tho

Didn't know they are friends but a lot of fighters are.
I understood GSP refusing to fight his own protégé in Rory but this is taking it too far imo
but if they want to walk away from $$ millions it's on them I guess though it's a damn shame we won't get to see it

Trilogy of the century

Stephen in a tough spot right now. so even if rda/Colby beats Woodley down the road you know woodeley not be far from a rematch. the ufc knows that 2 so if rda wins the ufc knows if Stephen fights him Woodley likely fight thatwinner and ufc already had that fight twice and the fans all cried it was boring and don't want to see it again.

Woodley proved he has Wonderboy’s number.

Most people I saw scoring it gave the second fight to Thompson. I know I did. I know the majority of the media guys did as well.

Fact is, they've had two extremely close fights. Not sure anyone has anyone's number between those two.

Back