Economy Should we provide migrants with housing, welfare, medical, etc..?

F1980

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Do you think we should provide migrants with free housing, food, medical, welfare in general, etc..?

If yes, how long should we provide them these services?

Where I grew up, there are whole populations from migrant backgrounds, both legal and illegal that are generations in and that are on permanent welfare in several forms such as housing assistance, EBT, medical assistance, etc..

No.

Only free anything they should get is a free ride the fuck out of here.

Now if we had an asylum system that wasn’t abused by millions of economic migrants and we only had legitimate refugees I would be open to taking care of them…but illegal migrants of course not and other migrants that aren’t legitimate refugees should only be allowed to be legal here if they can take care of themselves financially.

Yep. Treat them like citizens for the most part. If they at some point qualify for citizenship, they receive the rest of the benefits. People worried about migrants taking benefits that locals seem to think they have a god given right to have access to. There are always going to be a small percentage of people who want to sit on their ass. Most people want to be contributing members of society. Give them the chance to show you.

In theory yes, but what we have now is a mass invasion that will have dire consequences financially and socially. When you have Liberal Mayors and Govenor's saying "No more" you know that is the writing on the wall. Both NYC and Boston, sanctuary cities are trying to declare state of emergencies. Some migration is fine and doable, but the open border crisis is showing that we can't handle the influx. It is changing the face of areas in a matter of weeks. This new forum sucks I cant posy pics, but the areas taking in the migrants, which I see daily, looks like a disaster.

No they should get nothing. There are too many American citizens that need help and mass immigration is a reason many people are doing poorly because they devalue wages.

1. We close mental health facilities all over the country for budgetary cuts.
2. We have no viable public Drug addiction treatment centers, due to budgetary concerns.
1-2b. The homeless population is at unprecedented levels due to this. Literal health concerns like diseases emerge that we haven't seen in decades due to the people living on the streets.
3. We have Vets that are homeless and need assistance.
4. Hey, come on in everyone from other countries, we will feed, clothe and house you. We will educate your kids! Yeah it may cost billions, but so what??

LA has a skid Row of .05 miles squared, with almost 11k people. The Tenderloin District in SF has over 7k homeless with the city having 600 "homeless camps". Philly has 6k sleeping on the streets. 6600 in Portland. NYC has the highest level of Homeless since the Great Fucking Depression. All are "sanctuary cities"......

Yep. Treat them like citizens for the most part. If they at some point qualify for citizenship, they receive the rest of the benefits. People worried about migrants taking benefits that locals seem to think they have a god given right to have access to. There are always going to be a small percentage of people who want to sit on their ass. Most people want to be contributing members of society. Give them the chance to show you.

lol... No

Send them back to their home country.

They can apply to enter legally like every else has to.

You know... Like you would have to if you wanted to migrate here.

Not sure where this mentality comes from. Why should illegals who walk across the border get special rights that no one else has access to.

But if they want to seek asylum then they have to be here, not back home. That's one of the arguments against the bill that Abbott signed yesterday. Making it legal to arrest anyone here illegally basically prevents anyone from being able to seek asylum.

But if they want to seek asylum then they have to be here, not back home. That's one of the arguments against the bill that Abbott signed yesterday. Making it legal to arrest anyone here illegally basically prevents anyone from being able to seek asylum.
They should be applying for asylum at a port of entry.

Where does the money come from?

US transfer payments in 2022 were over 3.7$ trillion, comprising ~54% of all federal outlays.
("Transfer payments" are any payments the government does not currently receive any goods and/or services for, such as Social Security, Pensions, Welfare, Medicare, etc.)

The primary deficit is over 2.4$ trillion, and the entire Defense budget was just 900$ billion (less than 25% of transfers).

Where is the money coming from to pay for this?

lol... No

You know... Like you would have to if you wanted to migrate here.

Not sure where this mentality comes from. Why should illegals who walk across the border get special rights that no one else has access to.
When ts used the term migrant, was he specifically speaking about illegal?

I’ll re-answer if that was the case.

Yes. If they are seeking asylum, they shouldn’t be sent back to their home country. I’m sure there are other rules that apply, but until those can be determined, they should be housed, fed and provided with medical.

Legal immigrants get 2 hots and a cot until they start working & contributing to society, at which point we can adjust their benefits accordingly.

As for illegals, 1st time we catch them it's instant deportation, if they want to try again they get the choice of gulags or involuntary organ donation.

No, first is they are illegal then nothing and they sure should not be able to get a job. Fine the hell out of any company that hires an illegal.

If they are asylum seaking then they should have stopped in Mexico. Once there they can apply for entry into the US but they have to stay in Mexico until its decided if they can come in.

Also special consideration is given if they are sponsored by a person or a local government.

A sponsor would be responsible for them totally until they are a citizen. They would qualify for Obama care then.

Any sponsor would have checks made by the border agents and heavily fined or even jail time if they didn't do what was required and that includes personal knowledge of where they are.

This would give people that want "anyone that wants to come let them in" types a way to back up their talk.

They should be applying for asylum at a port of entry.
They should but it’s also legal for them to request asylum after entering illegally. That’s why it will be interesting to see what the Supreme Court says about this law. Seems like Abbott probably wants this to go there hoping it will change the ruling they made in 2012 in US vs Arizona. Either way I hope they can come up with something that will make everyone happy

Unless something truly drastic happened I don't believe this genie is every going back in the bottle. Mega Mass Migration is here to stay. However, I do believe that given the incredible amount of illegals coming in that if terrorists come through the increasingly porous border and another mass casualty terrorist attack happens that Mayorkas be tried as a conspirator for facilitating that border porousness.

Yes.

But not to the extent that it destroys America.

The open border is putting a strain on America that will break it.

Seal the border, secure America. Help some refugees out, not for their whole life, but when they arrive for a set period.

Last time I checked in the dictionary, it says right on the statue of liberty "give me your rapists, your child traffickers, your fentanyl dealers yearning for a middle school to unload their product and collect generous welfare benefits to own the chuds".

Right, they "have to" skip over several other safe countries and shop around for whichever country pays them the most. Sounds legit.

Back