Should UFC sign Usman Nurmagomedov?

would like to see usman nurmagomedov vs islam

Well considering he is probably the second best Lw in the world.....yes.

PFeLetor is the New Gold Standard for MMA
so I doubt it
Dena wants 8k contender series champs

It would be a nice addition to LW and he still isnt even in his prime yet, as Makachev is 6 years older the timeline would make sense for Team Abdulmanap to have a successor firmly in place. He’s also expressed that the UFC would be his expected destination when the time comes.

I know he failed drug test just recently but stilll... should UFC sign Usman Nurmagomedov?

I think he is still very good & has a great potential & Bellator was just sold to PFL.

What do you think?
no. let him get some more clean wins.

The casual fans are gonna be very confused by his name. They are gonna think it's this guy
20231121-001409.jpg
Khabib Kamaru

I know the haters will never accept it, but his positive test was from medication that he was taking and he stupidly didn't apply for a therapeutic use exemption. I hope this will go away and not stain his reputation too much, because it wasn't as heinous as other positive tests.
Fk this.

That fighter isn't some dumb hillbilly goat herder. He comes from a fight saavy champ clan.

No excuses.

He could just tell what the medication was, for what condition it was presrcibed and how long and when he took it?
And ofcourse why he did not inform that in advance and apply for a TUE?

As long as that info is hidden, it will be as ridiculous as everyone else trying to cheat and blaim tainted supplements, russian sambo vitamins, or doctor prescribing a jacked vegan boi clomid, or healthy athletes having heart surgeries and not even telling their families about that.

And no the UFC should not sign him, we already have one Meldonium cheat in that weight class.
Just so you know, Usman will eventually be the UFC LW champ, and there ain't shit you can do about it lol.

Wasn't "father's plan" to let Usman gain experience at Bellator and move to the UFC after a while, and in the mean time Makhachev would reign as UFC LW champ?

He could just tell what the medication was, for what condition it was presrcibed and how long and when he took it?
And ofcourse why he did not inform that in advance and apply for a TUE?

As long as that info is hidden, it will be as ridiculous as everyone else trying to cheat and blaim tainted supplements, russian sambo vitamins, or doctor prescribing a jacked vegan boi clomid, or healthy athletes having heart surgeries and not even telling their families about that.

And no the UFC should not sign him, we already have one Meldonium cheat in that weight class.
Well from the wording of the document, it was a prohibited substance that was in his body due to a prescription from a doctor. That doesn't tell us if it's prohibited out of competition or both in/out of competition. Medical laws are why they can't just release it the way they might with a banned substance from a supposed supplement or whatever. Could have been over the limit for Ephedrine to treat asthma or some shit for all we know.

Well from the wording of the document, it was a prohibited substance that was in his body due to a prescription from a doctor. That doesn't tell us if it's prohibited out of competition or both in/out of competition. Medical laws are why they can't just release it the way they might with a banned substance from a supposed supplement or whatever. Could have been over the limit for Ephedrine to treat asthma or some shit for all we know.
You are partly right. Most athletes who have asthma, have TUEs for their medication. Maybe it was a ADHD medication like in Bueno Silvas case, DHEA like with Bobby Green or Meldonium for a non excisting heart condition or diabetes like with many other russian athletes.

I know the haters will never accept it, but his positive test was from medication that he was taking and he stupidly didn't apply for a therapeutic use exemption. I hope this will go away and not stain his reputation too much, because it wasn't as heinous as other positive tests.
Yes, the poor kid is diabetic and has to take meldonium like so many other elite Russian athletes. He’s bravely handling the side effects of increased endurance. Hero.

He got popped by the california state athletic commission. The same commission that gladly let jon jones fight while "pulsing picograms"

The fact that nurmagomedov is suspended for 6 months by them AND has to pay a fine suggests to me it is not as innocent as you make it out to be.

Until it becomes public information, though, all we can do is guess.

He is the 4th high level guy to pop from the Dagistani camp inner circle in less than 10 years. 2 popped for "doc prescribed medication" they didn't declare and 2 popped for "tainted" supplements. 1 received a lifetime ban after later refusing to do a test by USADA.

If you haven't worked out how to declare a medication after that many chances, I think you need to recognize it's intentional at this point.
You get so many chances to put down what you have taken and are meant to apply to the commision to take it. This fight has been announced for ages as it's part of the tournament. He intentionally took medication to mask or enhance his perfroamnce.

Yes.

And get Robocop too while their at it

Doesn't matter at all, if he pissed for meldonium (willing to bet he did) its clearly intentional cheating. Russians athletes were eating that shit like skittles in the Olympics, not like they don't know it's considered a PED.

Back