Should UFC incorporate a Weapons Division?

AlphaStryke

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Think about it:

Martial Arts, especially Eastern ones, have a storied legacy of unique weapons. Should UFC take advantgae of this and incorporate a weapons only division, to draw more interest and bring back the fire, so to speak?

Obviously the weapons would not be lethal, but be blunted with strict rules; kind of how boxers wear gloves and even UFC fighters wear padded gloves on their hands.

Imagine a guy with a Sai going up against a guy with a nunchuck! Finally we would see what works and what doesn't work when it comes to weapons; and this time martial arts without weapons (Muay Thai I'm lookin at you) won't dominate. Karate could make a massive return...

should sherdog invent a section where we send the retards to post?

Armored "medieval" MMA-style fights are a thing, and they take place in Russia and Europe. But I don't think its even legal in the States.

I thought clubs were already allowed?

methodgetsluke-rockhold-01-23-2015-10-50-4-462-769x1024.jpg

I think this is a great idea... We'll get the Brazilian commission to sanction it and we're good to go... TS vs. Navy seal 1st match ever

Not a great idea putting weapons into the hands of a War Machine or a Mayhem Miller, or even Ronda...

Tables...Ladders...and Chairs.....im in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have some powerful Bo staff moves , I don't think anyone could survive against me .

Just Bleed God is too strong in this one

Miesha tate vs holm in a plastic beton fight on low blows allowed

Back