Should UFC have mandatory retirement and what criteria?

The UFC can't retire anyone, they can only release them from their contract.

No way. It's not a universal situation for everyone. The only time someone should retire is from medical worries like multiple successive KO's like Chuck. A loss in itself is not an indicator of how things went so I have no problem with guys continuing to fight after they start declining. The only stipulation is that you are fighting appropriate competition and not continuing to get top 10 opponents just because the UFC likes you but you can't put any wins together. Unless it's an elevated hazard to their health nobody can tell someone when to retire.

After 40 you have to fight the clone of Dolph Lundgren in his prime once every 6 months. If you lose it's game over.
download (21).jpeg

I really think athletic commissions need to step up and not license fighters.

In addition, I think if the UFC just cut fighters with a mandatory age, those fighters would end up fighting for less money on some of the more questionable regional leagues or those dumbass pop up leagues (think de la Hoya, but on a smaller and shadier scale). It could be worse for them in the long run, taking more fights for less money with even shadier promoters.

I don't know what to do, but I don't think this is it. Some sort of pension, something like social security but at the time of retirement, might be the best option. That would keep people from fighting because they need the money. The warriors who do not want to quit, this won't solve that problem.

This is not up to the UFC, its on the AC´s to declare someone fit or unfit to compete and the matchup being somewhat fair for both parties, the promoter will offer a fight to anyone as long as the AC says they are good to compete.

No because that would be discrimination and the UFC would get sued if they had something like that in place.

they should have a legends league. if they have an APEX / dana white's bum fuckery contenders division, they can have a legends league. maybe slightly bigger gloves, no rounds, no time limit, that kind of shit. just bring it back to the NHB days. old school rules, old school fools, and all the CTE drools.

Like somebody else said, retirement happens when the UFC does not need you anymore. The only number they care about are USD dollars.

Should UFC fighters be forced to retire at age 40 or after 35 professional fights at any level? Other ideas? Against it altogether?
Discuss please.

Against it, that's what fighter's personal circles and athletic commissions need to manage.

No

But never really understood why they didn't try to create some type of legends/senior version of the UFC and put on like 4 events a year. I think it would sell well and by separating it your not hurting your main brand by bad fights occurring to often.

BKFC is always there to give a final pay day or two to any UFC cast-away

Mike “the battle-axe” Perry finna eat

<bringit>

No…

I’m sure if it gets really bad, the commissions will step in…

Then again, California did allow a 3rd meeting with Liddell and Ortiz…

I think if a fighter suffers from a couple of knockouts in a row or is clearly past his prime should be cut from the roster if they don't retire, aka Tony , I think Chuck is the only fighter that Dana was begging to retire since he was getting killed in his last couple of fights

dana needs guys like Tony to make a name for upcoming fighters. thats how the system works.

otherwise you'll get title eliminators with two guys who "haven't fought anyone".

Only if they have a medical condition

It's up to the Athletic Commission to deny a fighter's license. The best the UFC could do is cut someone from the roster.

The state of Texas would like to have a word with you. If we don't license fighters how can we expect to get "classics" such as Kimbo vs. Dada 5000?
I don't know if I can handle that truth bomb.

Back