Should UFC ban fighters from fighting in their home town?

Croton

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
These decisions are getting ridiculous. Every time we have a foreign mma event, there seems to be a fucking robbery going to one of the local fighters. Even some of the local city guys in the US seem to get a questionable nod. Just recently the Jake Matthews vs Bojan was a horrid decision.
Honestly it's a huge problem and I'm not sure what the UFC can do about it. Should they bring judges from another country with no bias, or maybe just ban fighters from fighting in their home town/country?

They would lose to much in marketing

Anyone that goes the distance with Bisping in the UK should leave the cage immediately after the final bell because the outcome is a guaranteed loss
You could even ko him there and they' j let him take punches until the fight ends and declare him the winner.

You could even ko him there and they' j let him take punches until the fight ends and declare him the winner.
You could choke him out but they'll judge it as him tiring you out by making you squeeze for no reason.

These decisions are getting ridiculous. Every time we have a foreign mma event, there seems to be a fucking robbery going to one of the local fighters. Even some of the local city guys in the US seem to get a questionable nod. Just recently the Jake Matthews vs Bojan was a horrid decision.
Honestly it's a huge problem and I'm not sure what the UFC can do about it. Should they bring judges from another country with no bias, or maybe just ban fighters from fighting in their home town/country?
  • Every mma event is shown in multiple continents and countries.
  • Every event features fighters from around the world.
  • Therefore, every fight is in a foreign market.
  • Every country provides judges and refs for fights.
  • So to answer your question - No we should not ban mma.

'''
The problem is more with the weak match-ups rather than the judging. When every fight on card goes to a decision, you are bound to get some questionable calls regardless of where the fighters are from. I get that the UFC wants hometown fighters to win and get the crowd excited, but all is for naught when the fights themselves are terribly slow and boring.

Back