Should UFC adopt One FC's weight cutting policy?

yes, or something similar.

Weight cutting needs to go away.
People think more weight classes are the answer, but that doesn't stop people from cutting weight, it just means fighters will be able to compete while being heavier. Weight cutting can only be stopped by actually prohibiting weight cutting, and hydration tests are the answer.

Yes, they should also adopt One FCs drug testing policy.

I think it should be same day weigh ins like in the ammy circuit except pay them enough to really give them a lot of incentive to make weight. If i knew I was an unknown and would lose 60K dollars I would make sure I made weight.

I ended up watching the whole thing. The longest I ever listened to Askren talk. He's pretty likeable when he isn't trying to troll people into fighting him.

No, is it isn't broke don't fix it. They should keep on keeping on

You mean the weigh-ins that happen behind closed doors, with no transparency, with plenty of rumors circulating that certain favorites don't even make weight, but act as if they did?

Yeah, no thanks.

You mean the weigh-ins that happen behind closed doors, with no transparency, with plenty of rumors circulating that certain favorites don't even make weight, but act as if they did?

Yeah, no thanks.
Let's say these rumors are true, does that somehow make the policy itself worse than how the UFC and American athletic commissions currently handle the rampant issue of weight cutting? Then again, citing rumors as evidence against something has absolutely no merit.

Yeah, no thanks.
Makes sense that's why they don't used more advanced scales where u just hop on and it shows the weight. Instead they use them old machinery. This theory went on my mind when I saw Floyd vs conor Floyd looked pretty heavy

Let's say these rumors are true, does that somehow make the policy itself worse than how the UFC and American athletic commissions currently handle the rampant issue of weight cutting? Then again, citing rumors as evidence against something has absolutely no merit.
The policy itself means nothing if you don't enforce it. It was a bunk policy anyway, it was purely a PR move after a fighter died on their watch.

The policy itself means nothing if you don't enforce it. It was a bunk policy anyway, it was purely a PR move after a fighter died on their watch.
So you think the UFC and AC's wouldn't enforce it? You're still not arguing the merits of the policy (calling it bunk without reasons why is not an argument).

I would prefer 190lb guys fighting at 185 instead of 170 or on rare occasion even 155.

I respect the fear that the cure is worse than the disease.

But after weighing everything, IF they can do it with hydration tests (eg gravity such and such) instead of multiple random weigh ins, then yes I think the benefits highly outweighs the costs (or even risks of costs)

So you think the UFC and AC's wouldn't enforce it? You're still not arguing the merits of the policy (calling it bunk without reasons why is not an argument).
We honestly have no idea if this policy even works, because, in reality, ONE is shady as fuck, and operates under no scrutiny and with no transparency. It's a pipe dream.

No, is it isn't broke don't fix it. They should keep on keeping on

I kind of think it is broken. Or at least that it works very poorly. Everyone loses in the current weight cutting system. The org has to cancel fights for tiramisu related injuries. The fighters unnecessarily put themselves through hell. And fans get to see fighters at less than their best. And the entire goal of it is for a welterweight to be able to fight lightweights, etc, which is lame.

Then adopt the policy and enforce it.

Weight cutting should go away. Restructure the weight classes and do tournaments to fill all the vacant titkes

We honestly have no idea if this policy even works, because, in reality, ONE is shady as fuck, and operates under no scrutiny and with no transparency. It's a pipe dream.
It's essentially the same policy used in amateur wrestling.

Then adopt the policy and enforce it.

Weight cutting should go away. Restructure the weight classes and do tournaments to fill all the vacant titkes
You don't even need to go that far. Simply redefine the weight limit for weight classes (Welterweight = 185 lbs, Middleweight = 205 lbs, Light Heavyweight = 225 lbs) and the champions would remain the same.

You don't even need to go that far. Simply redefine the weight limit for weight classes (Welterweight = 185 lbs, Middleweight = 205 lbs, Light Heavyweight = 225 lbs) and the champions would remain the same.
That's the dumbest thing that ONE FC did, and it has always looked stupid.

Back