Should McGregor fight for the WW title after he loses to Alvarez?

I actually think that's what he would do, because the winner of the WW fight will have just won the title before hand or defended in the fight before. Perfect time to call woodley or wonderboy out.And Conor will never fight a fight if he has nothing but the most to gain from that, if he beats Eddie he has no reason in his mind to defend a 155 belt or the 145 about the only way he could gain more is by possibly challenging for the 170
Better to lose trying for the 170 belt than lose defending the belt

This is pretty much how I see McGregor and Dana are planning his next fights...

I think he moves to HW, I mean he already beat up the mountain from game of thrones

This is pretty much how I see McGregor and Dana are planning his next fights...
Right, if you lose a fight you are supposed to lose than people just say your a badass/fearless for taking the fight,
If you defend a belt you have won and lose, than people say you were never that good

Better to lose trying for the 170 belt than lose defending the belt

Not if Maia will have the belt though, he would make Conor look stupid in front of his entire casual fanbase. The worst possible match up for Conor 170 and under by far.

I mean this is what Maia did to Conor's BJJ mentor:

demian-maia-wrestles-with-gunnar-nelson-in-a-welterweight-fight-ufc-picture-id501174978

Not if Maia will have the belt though, he would make Conor look stupid in front of his entire casual fanbase. The worst possible match up for Conor 170 and under by far.

I mean this is what Maia did to Conor's BJJ mentor:

demian-maia-wrestles-with-gunnar-nelson-in-a-welterweight-fight-ufc-picture-id501174978
Oh I think , Maia, woodley, or wonderboy all manhandle Conor. But I think if Conor wins this fight. Maia would be sitting back while Conor a shot. All about the &
$$$

According to Dana, Nate Diaz weighed 190lbs when he fought McGregor the second time...

Therefore, should McGregor move further up in weight to fight for the 170-lb WW title after he loses to Alvarez?

...and then move up to 185-lb to fight for the MW title?

The good thing about this scheme is that McGregor can retain his FW belt indefinitely as a marketing tool without having to defend it!

dana.gif

and then all he has to do is move up to fight for the titles at higher weight classes that make tons of money, fights where he has NOTHING to lose. His title is not on the line!

Do you think Dana would keep going with this scheme?

Thoughts?
But of course. Let Conor lose all the way up to a HW title fight. If he can get his face smashed in by a WW, he sure has earned the right to get his face smashed in by a MW, and so on. Dana, make it happen!

But of course. Let Conor lose all the way up to a HW title fight. If he can get his face smashed in by a WW, he sure has earned the right to get his face smashed in by a MW, and so on. Dana, make it happen!

I'm pretty sure neither Dana nor Conor cares if he loses at heavier weight classes as long as they make tons of money.

I must admit that this is a pretty clear trick that Dana and Conor are pulling. They're making tons of money doing this undeserved title shots are higher weight classes while keeping his marketability (FW title) relatively in tact.

Conner vs Anderson is the enevitable clash of this decade. Then Conner vs Werdum

Conner vs Anderson is the enevitable clash of this decade. Then Conner vs Werdum

If they had Nick fought vs. Anderson, they would surely have McGregor fight him as well.

Back