Should I train lethwei or boxing

JohanSeong

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I'm 15 and wanting to do mma. There is no mma gym near my area but there are a lot of lethwei and boxing near me. Any advice?

I'm 15 and wanting to do mma. There is no mma gym near my area but there are a lot of lethwei and boxing near me. Any advice?
Ask yourself this: do you want to fight like a coward with 10-12oz gloves on or do you want to head butt a mother fucker in the nose before smashing him to pieces with your bare hands?

If the lethwei is authentic and taught well, it's probably the way to go.

Later dipping into boxing to refine your punches might be worth it though.

Rex Kwon Do, imo.

Ask yourself this: do you want to fight like a coward with 10-12oz gloves on or do you want to head butt a mother fucker in the nose before smashing him to pieces with your bare hands?
What if I say both ... smash everybody kill everyboy lol

Reactions: Gio
If the lethwei is authentic and taught well, it's probably the way to go.

Later dipping into boxing to refine your punches might be worth it though.
Actually it is eagle lethwei club. Tun Tun Min actually train there. I heard positive reviews.

Reactions: Gio
Isn't the country having some sort of political turmoil right now?

Well do both then. Because that will give a very solid stranding base for mma.

You are still young. So can go to Thailand later, where mma already starting to get big, as far as training camps goes.

Step one is to start training.

Try and headbutt me Taco and after my 10-12oz gloves have grabbed you, you had better be ready for a big old kiss on your lips cause you're going the right way for one.

If it's legit and since you are in Myanmar I assume it is go for it.

Go to the best Boxing gym and find a Brazilian Jujitsu instructor (is better if you train no gi) in a couple of years go to a MMA gym in Thailand or somewhere else

Both are fine, just get going.

Check out both gyms and see which you like more.

Lethwei, shit i would not even have done mma if lethwei was option lol

Do Lethwei have the same gym set ups as Thai Boxing gyms. Meaning training culture I general.

Back